Lilly seeks Public Affairs Manager
Public Affairs Manager
Lilly is a global healthcare leader that unites caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We were founded more than a century ago by a man committed to creating high-quality medicines that meet real needs, and today we remain true to that mission in all our work. Across the globe, Lilly employees work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to communities through philanthropy and volunteerism.
Lilly’s Public Affairs team is responsible for all Company interactions with the media, parliamentarians, government officials and community stakeholders.
The Public Affairs Manager will work across all Public Affairs disciplines, leading specific and diverse projects to improve and protect the Company’s reputation. Acting as a point contact for the broader Corporate Affairs team across the UK, Ireland and the Nordic countries, this person will play a critical role in sharing best practices to deliver core objectives across all countries. The role includes corporate and internal communications, website strategy, media relations, government relations and policy work.
- Manage Public Affairs projects that support Lilly’s business and enhance Lilly’s ability to operate, including project planning, delivery and measurement across Northern Europe
- Responsible for corporate website and intranet development
- Lead on “reputational” projects with a focus on increasing transparency (payments to doctors, clinical trials and animal research)
- Support media relations, working with in-country teams, including briefing spokespeople for interview, arranging media training and maintaining all corporate communications materials
- Provide project support for Brexit and the PPRS projects
- Lead on ad-hoc policy work and consultation responses
- Support trade association working, including events, campaigns and projects
- Supporting patient advocacy group working and contracting.
- Lead on improving integration in Public Affairs across the Northern European countries, including updates to processes and procedures
- Represent Lilly externally at key events
- Flexibly support all aspects of the Public Affairs team’s work as needed (Communications, Government Affairs, Corporate Social Responsibility, Advocacy and Community Relations)
- Manage all projects to time and to budget
- Robust record keeping.
- Few years’ experience of working in the UK political, healthcare and/or media environment.
- A passion for public affairs/communications and the difference that the life sciences industry can make
- A real team player with the ability to interact and collaborate well with people from all business teams and around the world.
- Demonstrated experience in developing integrated, public affairs campaigns
- Demonstrated experience in developing policy positions
- Demonstrated experience working in the communications field
- Past experience working in a global organization or within a matrixed structure
- Demonstrated success in working with a trade association(s)
- Ability to build a business case to attract internal funding for projects
- Excellent communications skills; especially written and presentation skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Digital communications and social media skills.
- A politics, communications, journalism or public policy background.
- Proficiency with IT tools (i.e. MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Familiarity with the UK healthcare and political environment.
Closing date: 09-Mar-2018