RCPCH seeks Public Affairs and Campaigns Lead
Public Affairs and Campaigns Lead
This is an exciting secondment opportunity within the College and will be critical to driving forward our work with politicians and policy makers, as well as our public facing campaigns work.
In this role, you will:
- develop and implement an integrated public affairs strategy for the RCPCH, including Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, designed to gain political influence in the UK and internationally
- deliver public affairs and campaigns support for specific College projects (such as national clinical audits, education projects etc), designed to raise the organisation’s profile and support the College in achieving the goal of driving policy change for the benefit of child health
- lead on the RCPCH’s campaigning work to secure progress on key policy ‘asks’ and build member and public engagement
- develop and maintain strong relationships with RCPCH members and external organisations to build the profile of the College amongst key political decision makers.
You will have:
- excellent verbal and written communication skills including diplomacy skills to manage an array of professionals
- excellent interpersonal skills demonstrating an ability to motivate, influence and gain the support of others and to have effective collaborative working relationships
- ability to understand policy and research material and to collate and interpret a broad range of information.
You will have experience/knowledge:
- in a similar public affairs, parliamentary or campaigns role
- of developing a successful public affairs and/or campaigns strategy
- of working in a public affairs or campaigns environment
- of developing success relationships with key external contacts
- of the way government and civil service works, not only in relation to the UK Parliament but also the devolved nations.
Closing date: Wednesday 21 March 2018, 9am