AbbVie seeks Government Affairs Manager
Government Affairs Manager
AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott Laboratories. The company’s mission is to use its expertise, dedicated people and unique approach to innovation to develop and market advanced therapies that address some of the world’s most complex and serious diseases. AbbVie employs approximately 30,000 people worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries.
We have an opportunity for a driven and passionate person with a background in public affairs / parliamentary experience to join our Government Affairs (GA) team working on a range of activities to positively shape our environment and continue to build our external engagement strategy.
Reporting to the Corporate Affairs and Policy Lead, this broad role will have the opportunity to work with brand teams, other specialist areas internally and external stakeholders. This key role will be pivotal in expanding our parliamentary activities across multiple areas but will work both on this and on brand activities.
Key responsibilities include
- Manging political and parliamentary stakeholder management activities and relationships
- Providing insight and expertise regarding the political environment including identifying and sharing opportunities for the wider GA team to leverage
- Building and executing GA plans for a series of selected brand and therapeutic areas
- Anticipating key healthcare and industry trends to provide analysis, insight and advice to the Brand Teams
- Managing selected key above-brand corporate policy issues – working broadly internally and externally to influence and shape Government policy
- Successfully operating in a matrix environment including strong internal communication of policy programmes to maximise opportunities for all
- Budget and agency management
- Experience of working in the UK parliamentary / legislative / political environment – strong understanding of Government / Whitehall
- A background in / experience of working with health, lifesciences or health economics would be an advantage
- Able to work in a very matrix organisation – including building strong relationships across internal and external teams to gain consensus, share information and ideas and bring in colleagues appropriately
- Able to develop, convey succinctly, implement and challenge/ amend strategies, policies and action plans
- Excellent networking and influencing skills across multiple levels of stakeholders both internally and externally
In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits package including car allowance, annual bonus, 25 days holiday, up to 12% employer pension contributions, on-site gym and employee share / save scheme.