Action for Children seeks Senior Policy Advisor
Senior Policy Advisor
How we work
Action for Children does what’s right, does what’s needed and does what works for children in the UK. Every year, our team changes the lives of 370,000 children, young people and families.
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Policy Advisor to join our high performing Policy and Campaigns Team. Through working on areas such as neglect, early help and safeguarding you will influence the agenda for children through effective policy and research work that leads to positive change in children’s lives.
How you’ll make a difference
- By leading an ambitious programme of policy work and developing our evidence base in key areas.
- By maximising opportunities to make change happen, delivering integrated projects with public affairs and campaigns colleagues.
- By ensuring the views of children, parents and staff are at the centre of all our work.
- By supporting the strategic development of policy priorities and our vision for the future.
What you’ll need
- A track record of influencing public policy agendas and change.
- The ability to influence internal stakeholders and external decision makers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to understand, analyse and interpret complex information.
- A passion to make a difference to children’s lives.
Closing date: 13 February 2018
Interview date: 22nd/23rd February 2018
How we reward you
One role. Many rewards.
Find out about our benefit package on our website.
Action for Children exists to make children’s lives better: now, tomorrow and every day.
Committed to quality, equality and valuing diversity, we welcome applications that reflect the cultural diversity of the communities within which we work. Registered charity no. 1097940. Company no. 4764232. Charity registered in Scotland SC038092.