Age UK seeks Campaigns and Public Affairs Support Officer
Campaigns and Public Affairs Support Officer
At Age UK, we are looking to recruit a Campaigns and Public Affairs Support Officer to join our Influencing division in London. You will play a vital role in supporting the External Affairs team to deliver effective campaigns and public affairs activities which change the lives of older people.
This is a fantastic and varied role for someone looking for a solid grounding in public affairs and campaigning within the charity sector, along with a valuable opportunity to create demonstrable change to people’s lives.
- Work across the department, the charity and the group to support the delivery of effective campaigns and public affairs activities.
- Liaise with a range of external stakeholders to deliver campaigns and public affairs strategies. This will include organising events, MP/ministerial visits or focus groups to ensure older people get their voices heard.
- Ensure that information on our campaigns and public affairs activity is communicated effectively to all stakeholders. This will include writing a weekly campaigns newsletter, managing our Twitter account and writing email to campaigners.
- Support Age UK’s influencing objectives by assisting in the delivery of the All Party Parliamentary Group for Ageing and Older People.
- Help to measure whether our campaigns and public affairs work has been successful.
For a full list of role responsibilities, please refer to the JOB PACK.
- Knowledge or interest in campaigning and public affairs
- Experience of developing a project plan and seeing activities through to a successful conclusion
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise workloads and competing demands
Age UK has a vision of a world in which older people flourish. We aim to improve later life for everyone through our services, advice, campaigns, products, training and research.
We offer a range of benefits including:
- 26 days annual holiday, plus bank holidays
- Competitive pension with employer contribution of up to 9%
- BUPA Cash Plan
- Cycle scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Life insurance
- Staff perks discounts
- Learning and development schemes
Closing Date : 16/01/2018