Age UK seeks Public Affairs Manager
Public Affairs Manager
- Develop and deliver public affairs strategies to amplify and strengthen the impact of Age UK’s influencing work.
- Organise and participate in political stakeholder facing events including Age UK’s programme of activities at the party conferences.
- Build a network of contacts with national stakeholders (voluntary sector, think-tanks, government, politicians, political parties) identifying new opportunities to build influential relationships.
- Successfully manage and develop a work programme for the Public Affairs Officer ensuring high performance and adherence to Age UK’s values.
- Involve people in later life in your work and demonstrate an understanding of issues which face people in later life.
For a full list of role responsibilities, please refer to the Job Pack.
- Experience of working in a political environment and/ or developing influential relationships with other national organisations.
- Strong track record of influencing stakeholders on issues relating to people in later life or wider social policy issues.
- Experience of writing high quality briefings, articles and other materials to communicate complex policy and political issues to stakeholder audiences.
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skills and ability to work in partnership with other stakeholders.
- Ability to understand social policy and issues affecting older people.
Age UK has a vision of a world in which older people flourish. We aim to improve later life for everyone through our services, advice, campaigns, products, training and research.
We offer a range of benefits including:
- 26 days annual holiday, plus bank holidays
- Competitive pension with employer contribution of up to 9%
- BUPA Cash Plan
- Cycle scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Life insurance
- Staff perks discounts
- Learning and development schemes
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
All job offers are subject to receipt of satisfactory references