Airbus offers CSR & Public Affairs Internship
CSR & Public Affairs Internship
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other’s expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary – on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Start date: 1st July 2019
Duration: 12 Months
Internships are available at Airbus in the UK offering exciting opportunities to work in a challenging, dynamic and multicultural organisation. The successful applicant will be part of a small public affairs team which handles government relations, corporate social responsibility (CSR) policy and Airbus Foundation activities. The team has a wide-ranging and responsive role, so you can expect to be involved in a variety of activities during the placement, providing a greater understanding with the link between theoretical and practical applications.
Tasks & accountabilities
Some typical activities, which cover the whole Airbus portfolio (Airbus Commercial Aircraft, Airbus Defence and Space and Airbus Helicopters), are outlined below:
- Supporting the development of Airbus’ UK CSR strategy
- Supporting UK Foundation activities
- Supporting the preparation of policy papers, reports and presentations
- Tracking and reporting on key areas of relevant upcoming legislation
- Analysing policy developments and preparing briefings for internal and external company use
- Working closely with team members and other key stakeholders both internally and externally
- Providing general support for the Public Affairs team in the UK, including the Senior Vice President, Airbus, as well as other members of the wider senior Airbus in the UK management team.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
The position would suit someone who has knowledge of and a keen interest in CSR and political affairs. Applicants should be able to work well on their own or in in a team, be self-motivated and confident in being able to use their own initiative. The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate good communication skills including the ability to write clearly and simply, have a polite and professional telephone manner, knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, be familiar with the internet and able to work to deadlines. Holding a clean, full driver’s licence is desirable but not essential.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following assets:
- Be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement
- Knowledge and keen interest in CSR and political affairs
- Confident in use of own initiative
- Able to communicate in clear and professional manner
- Ability to write clearly and accurately
- Excellent use of English and numeracy
- Able to produce high quality work
- Ability to work in a team or independently
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Well organised
- Ability to travel and work from other Airbus offices both in the UK and overseas
- Studying at degree level in a relevant subject, eg, CSR, Politics, International Relations, Economics, Government Relations, Public Policy (or a combined degree including one of these)
- Interest in current affairs
Employers want to know how you found their job advert so please state that you found this position advertised on politjobs.uk.