Airbus seeks Public Affairs Manager
Public Affairs Manager
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other’s expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary – on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Public Affairs Manager to join our organisation. This role will be reporting in to the Head of UK Public Affairs and will be responsible for managing key UK technology and Digital priorities across the entire Airbus portfolio of companies.
You will work alongside other members of the Airbus UK Public Affairs team on political contact programmes, events and other policy issues as directed. The post will be based in London, but it is anticipated that there will be travel required to Airbus sites in the UK and elsewhere in Europe.
Your key relationships will be:
- Internal: Airbus Public Affairs, Communications teams and Airbus Divisions
- External: Parliamentarians, trade associations (ADS, CBI), Whitehall officials, political party officials, airline and other industry counterparts
Tasks & accountabilities
- Analyse public policy issues of relevance to technology, research & development and digitalisation for Airbus in the UK. Develop position papers and make recommendations for lobbying positions.
- Provide strategic advice on UK parliamentary affairs to the Airbus UK Public Affairs team and senior management.
- Represent Airbus on external committees eg ADS, CBI and other industry groupings.
- Working closely with Airbus HQ Public Affairs team, ensure that relevant stakeholders are aware of export campaigns, seeking diplomatic support if necessary. Organise briefings on regular basis.
- Working alongside Head of Public Affairs to manage co-ordination of the Public Affairs agency. Act as regular interface and ensure supplier is managed in professional and efficient way.
- Prepare reports and analysis as required for Airbus Group Public Affairs eg weekly parliamentary round-up, political issues summaries.
- Analysis of public policy pertaining to policy – make recommendations and advise on positions to be taken
- Maintenance positive relationships with political and governmental stakeholders
- Maintenance of highest levels of ethics and compliance
The postholder will have responsibility for representing the company externally so must be efficient at managing the profile of the company
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
- Degree level – (international relations, politics, business studies, engineering)
- Proven experience in policy research and/or parliamentary relations
- Signatory (or intent to) to APPC Public Affairs “Code of Conduct”
- Knowledge of, and passion for British politics
- Experience/knowledge of project management would be beneficial
- Would consider candidate who has good Airbus business experience and knowledge
Salary to be offered – competitive rate.
Applications will be accepted from 7th August 2018 – 4th September 2018.
Employers want to know how you found their job advert so please state that you found this position advertised on politjobs.uk.