Amazon seeks Public Policy Programme Manager
Public Policy Programme Manager
About Public Policy at Amazon
Amazon’s public policy team works with teams across our business to communicate how Amazon works, and its benefits to customers, employees and the communities around us, to policy makers and third parties. Our small team works with every part of our business on a wide range of policy maker engagements to help us serve our customers better and to ensure that policy makers understand how our business works.
About this role
We are looking for an exceptionally effective Public Policy Programme Manager and team organiser to support our UK Public Policy team in London in delivering Amazon’s policy goals in the UK and Ireland. We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated person who’ll love the variety and pace of the role. We’re looking for great attention to detail, high standards for quality and presentation, the ability to meet tight deadlines, great organisational skills, and the ability to juggle multiple critical requests and multitask. You’ll need the discretion to handle confidential information and the professionalism and confidence to engage with senior people inside and outside the company. The successful candidate will be able to manage complex projects quickly and react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround, calmly and with good humour.
The key responsibilities are to ensure the smooth running of the team, thinking and planning ahead, tracking and helping drive completion of key deliverables and following up on outstanding issues.
You’ll have experience of work in a public policy environment and will be able to summarise relevant press and policy briefings for internal stakeholders, engage with policy makers and produce briefing material for external meetings.
Your responsibilities will include
- Managing and providing operational support for special events and meetings.
- Coordinating PP or business responses to VIP PP correspondence (typically from politicians)
- Managing reporting on our team CRM system – Salesforce.
- Providing support on special projects and requests as needed.
- Working with other teams across the rest of the company.
- Some travel arrangements and diary support
Our ideal candidate will be
A self-starter: We talk about things moving at “Amazon speed” and there’s always a lot going on. It’s great fun but sometimes feels like juggling plates. You’ll need to be calm and good humoured under pressure.
A team player: Delivering public policy results at Amazon requires us to find expertise and support form lots of different teams across the business. You’ll need to enjoy building a network across the business with people who want to help us get things done. You’ll find lots of willing colleagues. We’re looking for someone well organized who enjoys working with others to get things done—and who can deal with the ambiguity that sometimes comes from working cross-functionally.
- 1+ years of public policy experience
- Understanding and awareness of UK and EU political landscape
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Word, strong working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher.
- Excellent planning, time management and organisational skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Fluent in English with excellent writing and communication skills
Preferred qualifications, experience and abilities
- Experience of working directly with policy makers or national public policy institutions,
- High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and dealing with professionals inside and outside the company,
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Positive, proactive and able to always exercise great judgment,
- Ability to work in a fast moving, sometimes ambiguous environment,
- Experienced in using Salesforce or similar CRM systems.
Employers want to know how you found their job advert so please state that you found this position advertised on politjobs.uk.