AQA seeks Director of Corporate Affairs
Director of Corporate Affairs
Are you a strategic leader with ambition and drive, who shares our organisation’s values and passion for improving the lives and opportunities of people through education?
We are looking for an inspirational leader, who can provide direction and perspective for AQA’s media, public affairs, internal and international communications. Someone who can advise the Chief Executive on all aspects of external relations, motivate and empower their team to enhance the business and support the growth of our international activities. You will enhance AQA’s brand and image in support of AQA’s educational outcomes and our not-for-profit status.
We need someone with the ability to understand all aspects of AQA, its customers and markets and promote us as a leading provider of mainstream qualifications at the same time as making key contributions to national policy on education and assessment to support the achievement of our business objectives.
What you’ll do
- Lead the professional communications team to produce quality, highly effective, multi-channel communication for all AQA stakeholders
- Provide expert technical advice and counsel to the Chief Executive and senior management group
- Acting as an ambassador, play a key role in AQA’s influencing of policy and activity across the educational sector
- Develop and lead on a corporate approach to stakeholder management and media relations
- Create effective internal communication channels, fostering employee engagement and improving whole-organisation working and productivity
- Establish effective national networks to promote AQA’s influence in wider educational debates
- Own AQA’s brand strategy ensuring its underpinning of AQA’s strategic direction
What you’ll have
- A broad understanding of the sector and context in which AQA operates
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the full range of communication channels and media
- Ability to make high impact decisions which help to shape AQA’s strategy
- A customer focus and a desire to drive organisational performance and a positive culture
We are an independent education charity and the largest provider of academic qualifications taught in schools and colleges. With a turnover of over £170m, we set and mark papers for around half of all GCSEs and A-levels. In the summer of 2018 we will award over 3 million qualifications. Born out of five leading universities, we have over a century of qualifications expertise. Today, we employ more than 800 people and work with around 40,000 teachers, lecturers, subject experts and academics, who help set and mark our exams.
Our charitable purpose
To advance education by enabling teachers and students to realise their potential. This is our ‘higher’ purpose and ambition that encompasses everything we do, it’s what we are passionate about, what inspires us and what makes a difference to all our customers, stakeholders and society.
Why join AQA?
You’ll have the opportunity to work at the heart of the education system for an organisation committed to its people, providing development opportunities to help people grow, innovate and make a real difference. We help students and teachers realise their potential. We help enable young people to move on to the next stage in their lives, whether to higher education or employment, because they have the qualifications and skills that equip them to do so. By joining us you can make a difference in people’s lives.
At AQA we recognise our employees’ contribution and in return we are proud to offer an extensive reward and benefit package. This includes:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days, plus all Bank Holidays and additional Christmas leave
- 5 paid days per year for voluntary service
- Excellent contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Childcare voucher scheme
- An enhanced maternity/paternity and sick pay scheme
Closing date for applications: 20 July 10:00 am
However, applications will be reviewed as we receive them and if a suitable candidate is identified, we reserve the right to close our adverts sooner.
Employers want to know how you found their job advert so please state that you found this position advertised on politjobs.uk.