Arts Council England seeks Officer, Advocacy and Communications
Officer, Advocacy and Communications
Arts Council England champions, develops and invests in artistic and cultural experiences that enrich people’s lives. We support a range of activities across the arts, museums and libraries – from theatre to digital art, reading to dance, music to literature, and crafts to collections.
We are looking for an experienced Officer, Advocacy and Communications to contribute to our communications work in the London area.
Reporting to the Area Senior Manager, Advocacy and Communications your main responsibilities will include:
- supporting the development, implementation and monitoring of the local communications strategy, ensuring that the reputation of the organisation is protected at all times
- assisting with the management, evaluation and assessment of the impact and delivery of the media, stakeholder management and public relations programme and helping to instigate appropriate change and response to that evaluation
- coordinating internal communications messages and channels at local level and producing regular external communications, for example e-news bulletins
- maintaining and updating Arts Council England’s internal and external websites with information relating to local activities
- maintaining and updating the local communications infrastructure, including updating the image bank and contributing to building partnerships and close working relationships with appropriate external agencies and networks
- acting as the first point of contact for media enquiries and as a source of knowledge and expertise on Arts Council England’s funding portfolio and activity
- assisting in planning and event management of briefings and events held locally
Ref No. LL62
Close date: Midnight on Thursday 7 September 2017