ASDA Home Office seeks Public Affairs Executive
Public Affairs Executive
About the role:
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Public Affairs Executive to join the Asda team! You will be responsible for providing comprehensive support to the Public Affairs team covering UK politics, devolved assemblies and local government, so each member is fully equipped to focus on strategic planning, risk management of policy issues, relationship building and delivering their own objectives. Travel to Asda’s Home Office in Leeds one day a week will be required.
The ins & outs:
- Monitor the outputs of Whitehall, Westminster, regional assemblies and other key stakeholders and provide an early warning system to the team and relevant colleagues on issues of relevance to the business
- Coordinate a political engagement programme with MPs and other key stakeholders
- Prepare responses to correspondence from MPs and local councillors
- Support the team at meetings, conferences and events by preparing briefings and attending alongside them when relevant
- Act as an effective central, coordinating administrative function for the team, including maintaining central databases for correspondence, team budget administration and working with the finance team on payments
- Provide ad hoc research and analysis on key policy areas
What you’ll need:
- Interest and understanding of politics and public affairs
- Ability to research, understand and summarise issues quickly and accurately
- Strong organisational and coordinating skills and an excellent eye for detail
- A proactive self-starter with a willingness to perform a range of tasks
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and sometimes without frequent contact from other team members
Join Asda and you won’t just be part of a fast-paced culture. You’ll be part of a mission to save our customers money every day. It’s a simple idea that makes every minute of every day a real adventure. As well as outstanding development, there’s the buzzing atmosphere you’d expect in a place where everyone works together because everyone counts.
Employers want to know how you found their job advert so please state that you found this position advertised on politjobs.uk.