Head of Policy and External Affairs
- Are you an experienced policy and external affairs professional looking for your next challenge?
- Are you interested in exploring the policy implications as healthcare becomes ever more driven by big data and technology?
- Do you want to improve outcomes for millions of people?
- Do you have great ideas and want the opportunity to put them into practice?
The Head of Policy and External Affairs will be a policy professional with excellent skills at turning policy into thought leadership and making the case for asthma research funding and health public policy, which has not had the attention or investment compared to other diseases. Asthma UK is at the heart of a fast-moving environment, with huge potential in technology, research, innovation and data driving how people with asthma receive care and information. Leading the policy and external affairs team, you will not be afraid to disrupt the status quo in health public policy, enable the team to think afresh and bring an entrepreneurial spirit to the organisation.
- Can see an opportunity, inspire and convince others to make change happen;
- Looks at data and insight and sees opportunity;
- Believes in evidence to drive change;
- Is passionate about working with a wide range of stakeholders to build strong and effective partnerships;
- Can analyse situations, see the opportunities, challenges and mitigate the risks;
- Has experience of managing multiple streams of work;
- Can inspire a team and support their development;
- Is committed to making a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
If that sounds like you and you want to bring your knowledge and passion into an environment where it will make a real difference, namely stopping asthma attacks and curing asthma, this is the role for you.
- Leading the policy and external affairs team to deliver Asthma UK’s policy, public affairs strategies, plans and activities;
- Developing stakeholder engagement strategies and representing the charity externally;
- Leading the development, review and communication of evidence-based policy;
- Oversee the development of high quality policy reports, position statements, thought leadership pieces, consultation responses and briefings to communicate the charity’s views and influence decision-makers;
- Ensuring that Asthma UK’s policy and influencing work is driven by the needs of people with asthma.
This is a great place to work
With around 80 people, we’re a tight team working together successfully to stop asthma attacks and cure asthma. We offer substantial benefits, including 30 days holiday (plus bank holidays). Our recent staff survey shows that alongside having a high-performance culture, Asthma UK is a great place to work, with excellent opportunities for development.
The closing date for applications is 5 February 2018 8am. First interviews will be held on 22 February and second interviews on 28 February 2018.