AstraZeneca seeks Global Government Affairs & Patient Advocacy Director
Global Government Affairs & Patient Advocacy Director
Based in Cambridge, this management role leads the development and implementation of the CVRM Policy (Cardiovascular, Renal & Metabolism) , Government Affairs and Advocacy strategy, to ensure successful launches of new brands, market access of existing brands, and value creation for AstraZeneca’s product portfolio throughout the product lifecycle.
A critical driver of AstraZeneca’s future commercial success is to build an industry-leading capability in understanding and interacting with a broad range of stakeholders shaping our business environment, including those that make pricing, reimbursement and market access policy applied by payers, as well as patients’ representatives. In that sense, the CVRM Global Government Affairs & Patient Advocacy Director works with Global Organizations and internal stakeholders on key public policy issues impacting AstraZeneca’s CVRM franchise, to support the patients and their ability to access innovative medicines as well as helping them raise their voice on matters that affect them.
The CVRM Global Government Affairs & Patient Advocacy Director defines and implements strategies and programmes to advocate AstraZeneca’s positions with a complex and varied set of policymakers, patient groups and NGO’s in geographically, politically and culturally diverse areas. This professional collaborates with key markets to effectively engage with policymakers in programs and initiatives aligned with AZ business priorities.
Lead the development and implementation of the CVRM Government Affairs strategies to ensure successful launches of new brands, market access for existing brands and value creation for our CVRM product portfolio throughout the product lifecycle. Delivering the industry-leading skills and capabilities that enable brand teams to collaborate with policy makers and payers to increase market share and deliver our business priorities will be key.
Provide government affairs, policy-shaping and strategic stakeholder engagement expertise to global and regional commercial, Payer and Corporate Affairs programmes, and develop compelling arguments to promote our business achievements ensuring proactive involvement that both shapes and influences future policies to ensure commercial success.
Essential candidate requirements:
A Bachelor’s degree with proven experience in government affairs/relations, legal, lobbying processes and organisation gained in the biopharmaceutical and/or healthcare industry
Candidate Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Proven track record of shaping major complex policy matters at senior levels of government on issues involving many varied and powerful stakeholders
- Ability to lead in large complex, culturally diverse, matrix organizations in the absence of direct reporting relationships
- Strong planning, project management and budgeting skills, plus systematic thinking
- Credibility at the most senior executive levels
- Demonstrated effectiveness working with payers to achieve commercial outcomes, either globally, regionally or locally
- Strong problem-solving, interpersonal, collaborative and influencing abilities
- Excellent written skills, including enhanced presentation skills
- Demonstrated creativity and courageous decision-making, high ethical standards and an appreciation of local and global compliance requirements
- Ability to manage agencies
- Willingness to travel globally.
- Desirable requirements fluency in a second language would be an advantage
- An understanding of the CVRM space would be a plus.
Closing Date: 23-Sep-2018
Employers want to know how you found their job advert so please state that you found this position advertised on politjobs.uk.