Bristol-Myers Squibb seeks Public Affairs Lead
Public Affairs Lead, Central Easter Europe & Middle East (CEEME) region
We’re creating innovative medicines for patients fighting serious diseases. We’re also nurturing our own diverse team with inspiring work and challenging career options. No matter the role, each one of us makes a contribution. And that makes all the difference.
We are looking for a Public Affairs (PA) Lead, who will be responsible for developing and implementing public affairs strategies that will help support the company’s growth and business priorities in Central Eastern Europe & Middle East.
The PA Lead will be a member of the CEEME leadership team. He/she will report to the lead of EMAC & Intercontinental PA Lead, who is based in London, UK, and will be representing the CEEME PA function to the global PA team, based in Princeton, US. He/she will work in close alignment with the General Manager of CEEME and Country Managers across the region.
This position will require international travel (up to 30%).
- Work with the Global Public Affairs to oversee the development and execution of the integrated internal and external communications strategy across the CEEME region including media relations, brand & corporate communications, employee engagement
- Work to anticipate and prepare for stakeholder reactions to relevant corporate, brand and regulatory milestones in the region and to deliver appropriate communications strategy to maximize communications opportunities while mitigating risks relevant to the Company and its assets.
- Develop & execute pan-regional initiatives with patient organizations and patient opinion leaders that are strategic and bring mutual benefit
- Facilitate the inclusion of the patient and caregiver perspective among cross-functional projects (e.g. access, medical affairs)
- Partner with the Global Policy and Advocacy function to build and strengthen the patients advocacy capability across the region
- Assume role on the CEEME leadership team and provide proactive communications counsel to the General Manager
- Lead and coach a community of local Public Affairs/communications contacts across the CEEME countries to ensure alignment between local activities and global strategy
- Provide communications counsel and support in execution of the change initiatives across the region, in partnership with the HR function
- Establish and manage annual budget in a cost-effective manner. Manage suppliers and vendors if required.
Education, Qualifications and Skills
- Significant experience in positions of responsibility in the pharmaceutical sector, in communications and patient advocacy at global/above market level
- Good understanding of the political, cultural and business environment in CEEME countries
- Experience in leading patient advocacy / patient engagement. Network of contacts in the area of oncology preferred
- Experience in working within a matrix organization, and ability to collaborate with access, regulatory, medical and legal teams
- Excellent oral/written communication
- Strategic thinking
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast changing environment
- Extraordinary personal persuasion skills as well as pose and composure in dealing with demanding or adversarial groups
- Commitment to a highly-ethical organization
- Fluent English