Campaign for Real Ale seeks Campaigns Manager
The Campaign for Real Ale is an independent, volunteer-led not for profit consumer group with 190,200 members. We are a powerful champion for beer drinkers and pub-goers on issues as diverse as tax on beer, competition in the beer and pub industry and protecting the future of pubs as essential community amenities and part of the British way of life. We have thousands of volunteers within 200 local branches who work tirelessly to further our aims. Our dedicated volunteers run 200 beer festivals every year, including our flagship event, the Great British Beer Festival in London and we publish various leading books about beer and pubs including the market-leading Good Beer Guide.
CAMRA is a not-for-profit consumer group with over 180,000 members that has been operating since 1971. Our vision is to have quality real ale and thriving pubs in every community. We are a volunteer-led organisation, with a small, enthusiastic and committed staff team of almost 50 people working at our head office in St. Albans where this role will be based.
- We are independent and our policies and campaigning objectives are set by our membership.
- CAMRA’s decision-making process is wholly independent of any commercial companies or other organisations.
- We are not-for-profit and all proceeds are put back into achieving our campaigning objectives.
- We are consumers. We have no commercial interests in pub or brewery ownership or management.
- We are non-party political.
To manage and deliver activity aimed at influencing devolved administrations and the EU. To manage and deliver campaign activity seeking to engage CAMRA members and the wider public in our efforts to secure policy change to support well run pubs and real ale breweries.
- Plan, deliver and evaluate campaigning activity in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
- Represent CAMRA in meetings with Government Officials, politicians and industry representatives
- Support the activities and administration of the Welsh Assembly and Scottish Parliament Cross Party Groups on Beer and Pubs including the organisation of meetings, inquiries and events
- Delivery of Parliamentary events in Europe, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland
- To manage and co-ordinate the provision of secretariat support to the European Beer Consumers Union
- Support the Senior Campaigns Manager in delivery of public affairs activity focused on the Westminster Government
- Lead on using the Engaging Networks e-campaigning software to maximise the number of people taking part in online campaign actions
- Developing and supporting local campaigns run by local CAMRA branches and community groups
- Producing campaigning copy in support of our campaigning activities
- Liaising with external design and print consultants to produce public affairs campaigns material
- Manage and run large campaign events
- To act as a general campaigns manager when required
- Demonstrable interest in campaigning
- Experience of leading or being part of a successful campaign
- Experience of organising events
- Aptitude for producing online and offline communications, campaigning material and briefings
- Aptitude for e-campaigning activity
- Highly articulate with excellent literacy skills
- Experience of working in a paid role involving substantial campaigning or lobbying activity
- Degree level education
- Experience with website content management systems
- Experience of working with volunteers
- Experienced researcher
- Passion for community pubs and real ale
This role will require regular attendance at meetings and out of hours events in the evenings and occasionally at weekends for which there will be time off in lieu given.
How to apply
To apply for this role please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
- An up to date CV accompanied by a brief covering letter illustrating how you meet the requirements laid out in the Role Profile
- The Equal Opportunities form, which can be accessed at http://www.camra.org.uk/equal-opportunities-policy should also be completed and returned.
Closing Date for Applications: 18th February 2018
Interviews will be held; Week Commencing 26th February 2018