Cancer Research UK seeks Public Affairs Officer
Public Affairs Officer (Westminster)
As the world’s largest independent cancer research charity, we conduct research into the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of the disease. Our aim is to see 3 in 4 people survive cancer by 2034 and our staff are integral to achieving that ambition. Cancer Research UK offers you excellent prospects to expand your career as well as the ability to make a real difference to the lives of others. We’re always looking for sharp, brave, and collaborative people to join Cancer Research UK and continue to make it a great place to work. Find the career you’re looking for and let’s change lives together.
Do you have experience of public affairs and and/or influencing the parliamentary and policy environment?
Here at Cancer Research UK, influencing public policy is an integral part of our work. We use our findings to inform parliamentarians and policy-makers to help them understand cancer and the progress we are making.
We’re looking for a highly motivated individual to help keep cancer at the top of the political agenda by…
- Delivering high profile events at Westminster and constituency level, producing top quality briefings, providing timely political monitoring and supporting our award-winning public campaigning activity
- Shaping our interaction with parliamentarians through engagement and developing creative and attractive materials to shape our communications.
You’ll join our multi-award-winning team and working closely with the Campaigns Team, Policy Development and Prevention Departments, you’ll gain an in-depth knowledge of our organisation whilst developing all the skills and experience you need for your future career. We’ll give you training, development and support tailored to your individual needs.
To join our team you’ll need to have…
- Proven experience of working in public affairs and a successful record of influencing the parliamentary and policy environment
- Exceptional organisational, written and verbal communications skills
- Proven interpersonal, influencing and negotiating skills
- Ability to flex style for different audiences both internal and external (including politicians, stakeholders, people with cancer and volunteers)
Ideally you’ll also have experience of developing good relationships with parliamentarians and a strong understanding of parliamentary procedure.
Every day we achieve extraordinary things by being innovative, imaginative and bold in our work. If you’re as ambitious as we are, join us and enjoy an excellent career as we work together save lives and add years.
To view the candidate pack please click here
Closing date: 18th March 2018