Carbon Disclosure Project seeks Forests Policy Manager
Forests Policy Manager
This one-year role will support CDP in developing and delivering a program of engagement with policymakers in Latin America, China and Europe with the goal of addressing deforestation that results from international commodity trading. This work forms part of a wider project being conducted by CDP with project partners following support from Norway’s Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation. (NORAD).
CDP’s Policy and Public Affairs team is based in the London headquarters and provide central oversight of CDP’s relationships with policymakers around the world, supporting CDP programs and global offices to advance CDP’s mission.
- Planning and delivering a program of policy engagement and advocacy activity relating to deforestation and commodities, to be delivered in Brazil, Latin America, EU and China over the next year, and securing buy-in to this plan from CDP’s global offices and its project partners;
- Acting as lead author of a series of policy briefings about commodity-led deforestation, based on analysis of corporate disclosures to CDP combined with outputs from stakeholder workshops and original thought leadership;
- Taking responsibility for organisation of a ‘Global Dialogue’ event bringing together public and private sector participants from all the geographies involved in the project;
- Providing advice to CDP colleagues and management about deforestation policy issues;
- Representing CDP externally on matters relating to deforestation policy.
- Working proficiency in one or more of the following languages: Spanish (first preference), Portuguese or Mandarin Chinese (also desirable).
- Sound knowledge of deforestation and/or trade policy issues within Latin America (preferably also China and Europe) and at international level (e.g. development of REDD+) and a network of policy contacts in this field;
- Experience of designing, researching, writing and disseminating briefings for policymakers;
- Experience of working with qualitative and quantitative data to find relevant insights;
- Experience of event organisation;
- Strong stakeholder management and project management experience, including working internationally and across time zones to negotiate challenges and build collaboration.
Required skills and experience
This is a full time role based at CDP’s Central London office. This is a fixed term contract for one year with the possibility of further extension.
Salary and benefits: £32,000 per annum, 24 days’ holiday (increasing to 30), generous non-contributory pension provision, life assurance and others.
Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in the UK. The role may involve some travel.
To apply please email your CV and a covering letter setting out how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities, which should be no more than two pages, to email@example.com with ‘Forests Policy Manager’ in the subject. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis with a final deadline of 9am on Monday 8th January, 2018. As we will be reviewing applications during the application period we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if a suitable candidate is appointed.