Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development seeks Senior Public Affairs Officer
Senior Public Affairs Officer
We’re the CIPD — the professional body for HR and people development. We are the voice of a worldwide community of more than 145,000 members committed to championing better work and working lives. We’ve been setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisation development for more than 100 years, helping members build their professional expertise and organisations build their HR and leadership capability.
We are looking for a Senior Public Affairs Officer to work with our Public Policy team and colleagues internally to develop and deliver ways to maximise the external profile of the CIPD amongst important stakeholders in the world of work, including policy makers, politicians, civil servants, business leaders, senior CIPD members, think tanks and other influencers.
We’re looking for a candidate with strong, demonstrable knowledge of UK politics and Parliament, and possessing an interest in the policy landscape affecting the world of work such as the ‘good work’ agenda, corporate governance, health and wellbeing, and diversity & inclusion. Experience of working in a political, parliamentary and/or public affairs environment, managing a diverse workload and completing projects to deadlines is essential. You’ll have excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to develop good working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- Supporting the development and delivery of our overall public affairs stakeholder engagement strategy
- Sitting on internal cross-team working groups to formulate policy campaigns in line with strategic objectives
- Advocacy of the CIPD and HR/L&D profession to policy makers, politicians, civil servants and other audiences to inform and influence wider debate around the world of work
- Daily political horizon-scanning and parliamentary monitoring, identifying and tracking public policy developments to ensure CIPD capitalise on opportunities to further our public policy goals
- Project managing consultation and parliamentary inquiry responses with relevant policy advisers and seeking input from our members
- Managing and growing a network of key member and employer stakeholder contacts that we can specifically utilise to involve in collaborative policy and campaign activities
As part of your application, please submit your CV and a 500-word cover letter detailing how your knowledge and experience fulfil the job criteria.
There has never been a more interesting or important time to join us. We offer a friendly and stimulating culture and a wide range of professional development opportunities and benefits such as 28 days’ holiday, free two-course lunch and flexible working hours.
If this role describes you and your career aspirations, then APPLY HERE