Creative Industries Federation seeks Public Affairs Manager
Public Affairs Manager
The Creative Industries Federation seeks a key player for its public affairs team.
Ours is a fast-paced and innovative sector. You will be at the forefront of the Federation’s engagement with politicians and government and help deliver our advocacy and policy programme. In 2018, this will include a national campaign to inspire young people to pursue a creative career.
You will also play a central role in the Federation’s engagement with members, seeking new evidence, voices, and stories from the UK’s world-leading creative businesses.
This is a unique opportunity to join a talented and highly effective policy, research, and public affairs team, which has already achieved significant impact on public policy.
- Supporting the development and delivery of the Federation’s advocacy priorities, across all areas of public policy.
- Producing accessible and highly effective briefing notes for senior officials, politicians, and the Federation’s senior team.
- Managing the Federation’s relationships with politicians and government.
- Monitoring policy announcements and Parliamentary activity.
- Leading the Federation’s communications and engagement with Parliament, including being across committees, Westminster Hall debates, and Parliamentary Questions.
- Responding to government and Parliamentary consultations.
- Delivering presentations and briefings to members and external stakeholders.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Delivering campaigns and public affairs activities.
- Strong written skills. Must be able to produce briefing notes and explain complex policies in an accessible and effective way.
- Diplomatic and speaking skills
- Strong organisational skills.
- An excellent understanding of Parliament, Whitehall, devolved governments, and politics in general.
- Knowledge of the creative industries.
Salary: £33,000-£35,000, dependent on experience. This role is full-time, based in a central London office, and with a requirement for some travel and evening work.
The deadline for applications is 6pm on Friday 2nd February. To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter of between 400 and 800 words addressing why you would like this post and why you are perfect for this role. Please accompany your application with an example of your written work – preferably a briefing note prepared for a politician or similar external stakeholder.
The Creative Industries Federation values diversity and promotes equality. We encourage and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
Interviews will take place in the week commencing February 5th. We are looking to appoint as soon as possible.
All applications and any queries should be addressed directly to Avi Josephs, Head of Finance & Operations at email@example.com.