External Affairs Executive
Digital UK leads development of Freeview, the nation’s most widely used television platform. Our goal is to create the best free TV service, both live and on-demand. We work with world-leading companies to deliver television which informs, educates and entertains, ensuring every home in the UK can access high-quality television without the need for a monthly subscription.
Our latest innovation is Freeview Play which brings terrestrial TV, catch-up and on-demand together in a new generation of televisions and set-top boxes, making it easier than ever for viewers to watch what they want, when they want. We collaborate with a broad range of organisations in pursuit of our goals and are owned by Arqiva, the BBC, Channel 4 and ITV.
AIM OF THE ROLE
Reporting to the Head of External Affairs, the post holder will support Digital UK’s corporate communications objectives to promote digital terrestrial television amongst a wide range of stakeholders. The External Affairs Executive will be part of a busy and proactive communications team working across corporate communications, public affairs, stakeholder engagement, and events planning. They will also work with colleagues in the Freeview Communications team.
This newly created role is an opportunity for an experienced communications professional to expand their skills and experience in a fast moving and dynamic sector at the heart of the UK’s creative industries.
- Supporting the Head of External Affairs in the development and delivery of the annual stakeholder engagement strategy to raise awareness of and support for Freeview and terrestrial TV;
- Leading the development and dissemination of key stakeholder collateral such as briefings, fact sheets, leaflets, presentations for meetings/events;
- Supporting the planning and delivery of stakeholder events such as Digital UK’s annual industry conference and parliamentary briefings;
- Facilitating the identification and prioritisation of a wide range of stakeholders and opinion formers, forging relations with a diverse range of stakeholders;
- Monitoring and disseminating political and industry intelligence as well as tracking the development of legislation and consultations;
- Developing and maintaining Digital UK’s CRM system to deliver a systematic approach to stakeholder engagement;
- Working with colleagues in the Communications teams to raise awareness and increase visibility of communications work internally.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience in a communications/stakeholder relations/public affairs/policy role;
- Experience or demonstrable understanding of the workings of Westminster and Whitehall;
- Proven track record of successful advocacy across a range of stakeholders;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with exceptional attention to detail;
- Strong influencing, networking and advocacy skills;
- A good working knowledge of PCs and business software applications including Microsoft
- Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Knowledge of and/or keen interest in the TV/media industry;
Knowledge and/or experience of Microsoft’s Dynamics CRM software.
- Collaborative and always supportive team member;
- Excellent organising and planning skills;
- Attention to detail. Enjoys dissecting detailed information and interrogating plans and data;
- Thrives when working in a demanding and dynamic small company;
- Shows initiative and flexibility, even when working under pressure;
- Relishes the opportunity to expand the breadth of their skills and knowledge.
- Communication: Effective communication and able to get one’s message understood clearly with respect. Good listening skills.
- Planning and Organising: Able to think ahead in order to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others. Prioritises and plans activities taking account of all relevant issues and factors such as deadlines, staffing and resource requirements.
- Collaborative Stakeholder Management: Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across different stakeholders.
- Creative Thinking: Ability to transform creative ideas into practical reality. Can look at existing situations and problems in novel ways and come up with creative solutions.
To apply, please your CV and a covering letter to Emma Burt at email@example.com
Closing date: 25th February 2018