EPEX SPOT seeks Public and Regulatory Affairs Officer
Public and Regulatory Affairs Officer
The European Power Exchange EPEX SPOT SE and its affiliates operate short-term electricity markets for Germany, France, United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Switzerland and Luxembourg; markets representing 50% of European electricity consumption.
Joining EPEX means to work for a dynamic company which operates in a constantly moving landscape, where regulation, power generation and consumption fundamentals keep evolving. EPEX SPOT plays a pivotal role by ensuring that the pricing of electricity on the wholesale market remains accurate by offering its members the right products for power trading. Our strength is our staff, consisting of ambitious team players who all want to shape the future of the European power market. Striving for the well-fun ctioning Internal Energy Market, EPEX SPOT shares its expertise with partners across the European continent and beyond. We offer you the opportunity to be part of this endeavor. Do you want to change the world of power? Join us!
EPEX SPOT is a European company (Societas Europaea) in corporate structure and staff, based in Paris with offices or affiliates in Amsterdam, Bern, Brussels, Leipzig, London and Vienna. 2 70 companies have traded 530 TWh of electricity on EPEX in 2016. EPEX SPOT is member of EEX Group, part of Deutsche Börse. European electricity transmission system operators hold 49% of EPEX SPOT through HGRT.
Mission and content of the job
EPEX SPOT is looking for a Public and Regulatory Affairs Officer to join the team in London. Starting date: as soon as possible.
The candidate will be part of the Public & Regulatory Affairs and Communications Department, supporting political and regulatory activities towards public stakeholders from the UK.
Mission of the Public & Regulatory Affairs team
- Coordinate regulatory affairs within the company
- Anticipate opportunities and threats stemming from changes in the political and regulatory context
- Establish and nourish relations with public stakeholders from the energy sector
- Forge and defend the company’s positions and interests in various decision-making bodies
- Develop and convey public statements in line with the company’s strategy
- Present and represent the company in public
Main tasks of the Public & Regulatory Affairs Officer
- Monitor UK legislation, regulation & policy related to energy
- Monitor EU regulation on energy markets, analyse and follow up their national implementation in UK and the Republic of Ireland
- Monitor the impact of Brexit on the UK energy market
- Help to build & maintain relations with governmental, regulatory & associative stakeholders in London
- Draft public documents, such as consultation responses or position papers
- Organize, prepare and participate in public events and stakeholder meetings
- Support the team by contributing to internal reports, document updates, etc.
Proficiency and skills
- Knowledge of UK and EU policy-making processes
- Affinity with European energy markets
- Strong analytical skills and sense of rigor
- Strong communication and relational skills
- Ability to work autonomously within a multi-location team
- Capacity to listen and to synthesize complex topics
- Curiosity, perseverance and autonomy
- High motivation and flexibility
- Excellent knowledge of the Office Suite, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Fluent professional English in written and verbal communication (mandatory)
- Fluent professional French in written and verbal communication (plus)
- Master degree in Political Sciences, Economics, Law or International Relations
- First practical experience in the energy or political context (junior position)
If you have any questions or if you wish to send your resume, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.