Experian seeks Public Affairs Executive
Public Affairs Executive
We are a global company offering a diverse range of data and analytical tools, services, and solutions, we are looking for people who can inspire new ways of thinking—and contribute their insight to a business that specialises in it.
At Experian, we understand what it takes to bring data to life. Creativity. Passion. Flexibility. Expertise. We know that fresh perspectives can spur inspiration, often leading to a new way of tackling a challenge. We also understand that to excel—to be great—we must question thoroughly and analyse deeply. Join a global team of more than 16,000 individuals dedicated to making businesses and communities stronger through the power of insight.
Experian the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to clients around the world. Experian help organisations to manage credit risk, prevent fraud, target marketing offers and automate decision making. Experian also help individuals to check their credit report and credit score as well as protect against identity theft. Our vision is for Experian’s people, data and technology to become a necessary part of every major consumer economy in the world.
Experian plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange (EXPN) and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 index. Total revenue for the year ended March 31, 2014, was $4.8 billion.
Enthusiastic public affairs executive required to support the Head of Government Affairs and Regulatory Legal team in relation to policy developments at UK Government level.
Candidate will have ideally public relations based experience or equivalent, with a solid understanding of the UK political system, political parties and key players, and major recent developments. Direct experience in the office of a Member of Parliament would be favoured.
Preferred educational background in politics or law – however this is not essential.
Excellent drafting skills required, with particular attention to analytical detail and communication of messaging.
Must have enthusiasm about data, innovation, financial services and lending related policy developments; direct experience in these fields is not necessary however may be beneficial.
- Understand and participate in performance management processes
- Actively contribute to a culture where the fair treatment of customers is at the heart of the Experian business. Take personal responsibility to ensure that you adhere to all regulatory requirements and apply appropriate controls in the interests of our customers
- Detailed monitoring and intelligence gathering on activities in Westminster;
- Parliamentary contact with MPs, PPCs, special advisors and staffers;
- Attendance of meetings, committees and events on behalf of Experian;
- Production of materials, briefing notes and contacts tracking;
- Organisation of stakeholder outreach and political events;
- Interaction within the business on policy developments and on-going activities;
- Updating website and issue management.
Job requirements and qualifications
- Minimum of undergraduate degree level qualification;
- Understanding of political processes, with an indepth knowledge of the UK system;
- Enthusiastic approach to team working;
- Good communication skills – both oral and written;
- Direct political experience – within a party or civil service;
- Knowledge of the EU Brussels political system;
- Legal or political educational background.
- Have previously conducted relevant work experience in related sector or firm.
Here at Experian, we believe that great work deserves great rewards. In return for your ideas, commitment and ambition, we’ll give you a very competitive base salary and a range of benefits as soon as you join.
On top of your base salary, we offer:
- Performance related bonus scheme
- 25 days’ annual leave (plus the ability to purchase 5 additional days)
- Generous contributory pension
- Opportunity to buy shares with the company share-save scheme
- Life assurance
- Medical and Dental cover
- Retail discount schemes
- 3 Community involvement days per annum
We also work with our colleagues to understand their long term career aspirations to ensure they have the career development and growth they need to achieve these goals. Through personalised career objectives and performance plans, we open up conversations on progression whether this is achieved through mentoring and coaching or classroom learning environments, we offer rewarding ways in which to learn.
Any unsolicited submissions from agencies will be accepted as a direct application from the candidate and no fees will be payable.
We are the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to our clients around the world. We help businesses to manage credit risk, prevent fraud, target marketing offers and automate decision making. We also help people to check their credit report and credit score, and protect against identity theft. In 2015, we were named by Forbes magazine as one of the ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’.
We employ approximately 17,000 people in 37 countries and our corporate headquarters are in Dublin, Ireland, with operational headquarters in Nottingham, UK; California, US; and São Paulo, Brazil.
Experian plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange (EXPN) and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 index. Total revenue for the year ended 31 March 2016 was US$4.6 billion.