Facebook seeks Public Policy Manager, EMEA Elections
Public Policy Manager, EMEA Elections
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced leader to manage, execute and collaborate on the company’s election’s efforts.
This role will coordinate across multiple teams at Facebook and the family of apps to manage elections from start to finish in multiple countries. The main responsibility of the role is developing the overall strategy for each country’s election in coordination with other teams at the company. This role will also be an external spokesperson for the company on our election efforts.
This is a full-time position located in Berlin, Brussels, London or Paris and will report into the Government and Politics Policy team.
Competitive Salary including the following benefits apply: Medical Benefits; Dental Benefits; Vision Benefits; Pension Benefits; Life Assurance; Childcare Benefits; Gym Benefits; Transport benefits; Laundry Benefit
- Development, management and execution of the strategy for elections in multiple countries from start to finish
- Work across teams to identify potential election integrity issues and develop solutions to solve those
- Work with product teams to identify and develop election integrity and civic engagement products appropriate to launch for an election
- Identify and cultivate partnerships with external partners such as election commissions, civil society groups and other influencers
- Track and engage on legislation in countries of responsibility that pertains to Facebook (the family of apps) and elections
- Serve as an external spokesperson to the media and at events about Facebook’s election efforts
- Manage other projects to completion as needed
- Work across many different teams to drive projects and problems to completion and resolution quickly
- Work across a variety of teams from Product, Policy, Legal, Comms and Marketing.
Experience of working with product and policy teams and experience in working on elections across the world
Project management experience, with the ability to lead and handle multiple time-sensitive, cross-functional projects on deadline
Ability to think strategically about complex issues, leading to thoughtful recommendations and action plans
Ability to work effectively and swiftly with all levels of management, both internally and externally
- Fluency in English and another language
Closing date: 22nd September 2018
Employers want to know how you found their job advert so please state that you found this position advertised on politjobs.uk.