French Embassy seeks Communication Officer
Communication Officer at the French Embassy
We have an opening for a talented bilingual Communication Officer working in the press office at the French Embassy in the United Kingdom.
The successful candidate will be in their element monitoring the daily newspapers, producing morning press briefings, press material, articles and content for the Embassy’s digital communications. Working closely with the Embassy spokesperson and press counsellor, the Communication Officer will become a key member of the press office, and will build and maintain relationships with members of the British media.
They will advise on institutional communication strategy and be able to recommend and target specific media publications for the Embassy and French stakeholders visiting the UK. They will also contribute to media briefings for the French Ambassador.
- Native level of English, both written and spoken
- Excellent level of written and spoken French
- Excellent knowledge of UK media and politics with contacts in the industry
- Previous media or press office/agency experience, preferably in the UK
- Excellent writing skills (ability to draft content for web, social media, blogs and media articles)
- Experience using social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Flickr) to engage followers
- An understanding of the specific requirements of a diplomatic organization (political insight, discretion and ability to work within clear hierarchical system)
- Good-natured, open-minded and able to work within a team
- Basic skills in mobile video production could be beneficial
- Good understanding of French politics and public positions
Salary and Benefits
- Partial support for transport costs
- Pension fund with employer participation
- Possibility of complementary health insurance with participation of the employer
Job available from: 12 May 2017
How to apply
Please send a CV and a one-page cover letter, both in French by email via the button below or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information visit our website.