Fujitsu seeks Corporate Affairs Executive
Corporate Affairs Executive
Fujitsu is seeking a Corporate Affairs Executive to join its successful corporate affairs team to help build its corporate reputation and contribute to the company’s public affairs activities.
The Corporate Affairs Executive will actively contribute to the design and implementation of a public affairs strategy that positions Fujitsu as a leading technology company and investor in the UK.
You will be responsible for presenting Fujitsu to policy makers, influencers and political stakeholders across the UK, as well engaging in the wider policy environment to shape how technology is viewed as a tool of innovation. You will help position Fujitsu as one of the UK’s leading responsible businesses committed to our responsibilities as an employer and contributor to wider UK society.
This is a well-established function within the UK business and closely aligned with the company’s commercial objectives. It forms part of a wider EMEIA public affairs function where you will work closely with colleagues at an EU level and across other countries within the region and as required with colleagues in the Americas. As a Japanese owned company you will also have the opportunity to work with public affairs colleagues in Tokyo on priority areas of global technology policy such as Artificial Intelligence and on issues relating to UK/Japan relations.
Employing around 12,000 people in the UK, Fujitsu works across multiple sectors supporting a diverse range of clients in the public and private sectors. As such you will need to be confident in being able to form new relationships with colleagues in technical and customer facing roles and will be able to promote how public affairs can support them in their roles.
What we offer
- Stimulating environment offering ongoing learning opportunities
- Culture of innovation and inspiration
- Competitive salary and pension, generous benefits and annual bonus
- Creative, diverse and inclusive working environment
- Flexible working
Fujitsu is fully committed to the development of a diverse workforce. Therefore applications for employment are always fully considered, irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, race, faith, sexual orientation.
- A thorough understanding of the UK political scene, able to provide dispassionate analysis of how events and policy developments will affect the sector
- Experience of working in or around UK politics in a policy or public affairs role for a minimum of 2 years
- An interest in technology and an understanding of how technology can support the UK’s policy priorities
- A strong appreciation of the interaction between business and policy makers and what influences corporate reputations
- Confidence to take an active role in external engagement and participate in stakeholder meetings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to contribute to internal briefing and externally available content
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships internally and externally, including executive level relationships
- Able to work with trade associations on issues which affect the wider technology sector
- Will have a strong academic background in a relevant area