Gilead seeks Public Affairs Lead EMEA West region
Public Affairs Lead EMEA West region
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
A new exciting opportunity has risen in the EMEA HQ within the Public Affairs team.
Reporting to the Vice President of Public Affairs – EMEA, this role will be responsible for corporate, product and employee communications and patient advocacy support for Gilead’s affiliates in the EMEA West region. These markets include the Nordics, Australia/New Zealand, Switzerland, Belgium, Netherlands and Austria.
Works closely with the Vice President Region West, the General Managers and local cross-functional teams, providing external and internal communications counsel and supporting local implementation of communications activities and advocacy engagement.
Job duties include
- Alignment of local PR and advocacy activities with corporate guidance
- Support for the implementation of regional PR and advocacy activities in-market
- Coordination with cross-functional colleagues across the organization to ensure consistent messaging across external and internal stakeholders
- Development/strengthening of relationships with a wide variety of community advocates, organizations and professionals, media and other influential organizations
- Preparation of communications materials, including press releases, presentations, internal newsletters, etc.
- Response to media requests and coordination of interviews with Gilead spokespersons and opinion leader spokespeople as appropriate
- Issues management, working closely with cross-functional teams at both the country and regional levels
- Equipping individuals in the markets who may be involved in Public Affairs activities and establishing support for markets where there is currently no Public Affairs resource
Is responsible for one direct report in the Nordics.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Demonstrated experience in media relations, issues management and internal communications; knowledge of healthcare and industry media and reporting trends
- Demonstrated knowledge of regulations and principles specific to communications for a publicly-traded biopharmaceutical company
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience managing multiple projects (timelines, budgets, priorities) simultaneously; flexibility and results-oriented focus are essential
- Ability to interact with senior management and high-profile experts appropriately, with confidence and ease
- Ability to give formal presentations to internal and external audiences of various sizes
- Fluency in English
- Typically requires a BA degree in communications, liberal arts, business or science-oriented field (or International Equivalent) proven relevant experience, which includes solid healthcare public relations experience
- Knowledge of Gilead’s areas of therapeutic focus is preferred
- Experience in patient advocacy management is preferred