Google seeks Public Policy Manager, Google Cloud
As a member of Google’s Public Policy team, you help shape various product and issue agendas with policy makers inside and outside government. In addition, you will help advise our internal teams on the public policy implications of their products, working with a closely coordinated and cross-functional global team. The role requires significant experience either working with or in government, politics or a regulatory agency as well as an ability to grasp complex technical and policy issues.
In this role, you will be advising our Google Cloud teams, working with a closely coordinated and cross-functional global team. Google started in the cloud and has been investing in infrastructure, data management, analytics, and AI from the very beginning. We now have a broad and growing set of enterprise offerings: Google Cloud Platform (GCP), G Suite, Chromebooks, Android, image recognition, speech translation, maps, machine learning etc.
Our customers are transforming their businesses by using our enterprise productivity suite of G Suite and Google Cloud Platform services. As we look to our long-term investments in our productivity tools, supported by our machine learning and artificial intelligence efforts, we see huge opportunities to dramatically improve how people work.
Technology moves quickly, so it’s important that we work closely with politicians, regulators, academics and third parties around the issues that affect the Internet and our users. We advocate for Google on the big public policy issues of the day and often play a part in high-profile debates. In this role, you’ll combine creativity and intellectual rigor with the organizational skills to manage different campaigns and projects to tight deadlines. You’ll apply your expertise to real-world scenarios, acting as an inspiring advocate and enthusiastic team player eager to help shape the future of Internet and mobile policy.
- Work within a global Public Affairs team to develop public policy strategies and positions for Google, including the creation of materials supporting advocacy on those positions.
- Work with product, sales and engineering teams and provide advice on matters related to data protection, user trust, security and safety, environment, standard setting and other regulatory developments pertaining to the cloud.
- Support regional teams that work with trade associations, industry partners, non-profit groups, and other allies to promote and build support for Google’s public policy positions.
- Advance Google’s mission and defend its values.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working within government, think tanks, public interest groups, technology industry groups or corporations.
- Experience working closely with and advising product or engineering teams.
- Direct experience at an NGO or similar organization dealing with technology policy issues with international implications.
- Familiarity with Internet technologies and the surrounding policy environments, or an ability to quickly get up to speed regarding complex technical and regulatory issues.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the business implications of public policy.
- Excellent personal, political, analytical, communications and government relations skills, with the ability to integrate public policy with business strategy and corporate development.