Illumina seeks Government Affairs Director EU
Government Affairs Director EU
All About Us
Illumina is improving human health by unlocking the power of the genome. Our focus on innovation has established us as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies, serving customers in the research, clinical and applied markets. Our products are used for applications in the life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging segments.
lllumina has experienced phenomenal growth from $10 million in revenues in 2002 to approximately $2.4 billion in 2016. Forbes named Illumina #1 on the 2009 list of 25 Fastest-Growing Technology Companies in the United States, the second time over a three year period that Forbes ranked Illumina #1 on its list of rapidly growing technology companies. Illumina was also named #1 smartest company in the world as part of MIT’s 2014 Technology Review. As of February 2017, the company had almost $24 billion market capitalization.
- Work with Global Government Affairs Team and European Leadership Team to develop Illumina’s strategies, programs and resource plan to meet Europe’s overall growth strategies and priorities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with senior decision makers in the UK, the European Institutions and in key EU Member States relevant to Illumina’s business, including but not limited to the European Commission (DG SANTE, DG RESEARCH particularly Horizon 2020 and DG CONNECT), national health and research ministries, etc.
- Monitor the UK, the Commission’s and governments’ legislative and policy changes, and industry, technology and investment priorities. Provide input to the European Leadership team on business development opportunities and longer term business strategies.
- Establish and maintain a ready communication channel for senior Illumina executives with senior stakeholders in EU institutions, relevant trade associations and health ministries at a Member State level, and facilitate such meetings for visiting executives.
- Develop and maintain relationships with academia, industry experts and semi-government research institutions related to Illumina’s business in key European markets.
- Identify key opinion leaders and develop programs to maintain strong relationships with critical experts.
- Actively participate in trade/commercial related bodies and various programs between the EU and USA in order to establish contacts with peer companies to promote and expand Illumina’s business opportunities.
- Identify Corporate Social Responsibility programs that can relate to Illumina’s business objectives
- Significant relevant experience in Government Affairs.
- Extensive government affairs contacts in the EU institutions and government ministries in Member States relevant to Illumina.
- Related experience of Life Science, Pharma and/or Clinical Diagnostics issues an advantage.
- Senior executive presence and strong business acumen; Able to work across the company to identify opportunities.
- A self-starter, using good analytical skills and a strategic approach to highlight key opportunities and challenges for business growth.
- Fluent oral and excellent English writing skills; Working proficiency in other key EU languages (e.g., French, German) a plus.
- Position will be based in Cambridge and travel will be required.
- Bachelor level degree or above.
- Educational background in Law, Politics or European Studies.
Illumina is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.