Imperial College London seeks Public Affairs Manager
Public Affairs Manager
We are seeking a talented Public Affairs Manager to join the Communications and Public Affairs division. You will play a key role in engaging with policy makers, civil servants, politicians and other key stakeholders to manage Imperial’s reputation, promote the College’s strategic developments and ensure that the strengths, expertise and impact of its research and education provision are understood by decision makers.
Working closely with the Director of Public Affairs, you will:
- Manage projects and initiatives that support the public affairs strategy and build and maintain a positive profile of the university with key stakeholders, opinion formers and influencers
- Monitor, analyse and evaluate the political and policy landscape to inform the College’s public affairs strategy
- Prepare communications, briefings and reports, providing advice on emerging public affairs issues and activities for a range of internal and external audiences
- Prepare submissions to government consultations on a diverse range of topics relating to the College
- Deputise for the Director of Public Affairs when required and contribute to the developing Public Affairs strategy and management of the team
You will have experience of working in a policy or public affairs environment and have a strong understanding of the policy making process and the workings of government, having gained experience in similar roles such as Parliamentary Researcher, Public Affairs Officer, Policy Manager, Communications Manager, or Policy Analyst. You will have experience of conducting detailed research and analysis and be able to convey complex policy issues in a clear and compelling way to a range of audiences. You will be well organised, self-motivated and be effective at building and maintaining relationships with multiple stakeholders.
Closing date: 1 March 2018 (midnight GMT)