International Longevity Centre seeks Head of External Affairs
Head of External Affairs
The International Longevity Centre – UK (ILC-UK) is the specialist think-tank on the impact of ageing on society.
We ask difficult questions and present new solutions to the challenges and opportunities of ageing. We undertake research and policy analysis and create a forum for debate and action.
We are intergenerational and solutions focused in our approach, our work is evidence based and all our reports include targeted recommendations for future action.
Over the last year, we have enjoyed great success both in terms of our impact and reach:
- Producing over 35 reports.
- Holding over 50 high level events, including our sell out “Future of Ageing” annual conference.
- Featuring in every UK national newspaper, in international publications, contributing to national TV and radio debates, and reaching an international Twitter audience of more than 5 million.
In the last month alone, we’ve been on BBC Breakfast, Sky News and in the Guardian as well as influencing more residential care homes to use music based interventions in dementia care.
We work on some of the most pressing current policy issues including how social care could be funded; how young people will be able to have a reasonable retirement income; how communities could work for all ages; and how we can afford health in the context of demographic change. We need an innovative and creative Head of External Affairs to communicate our key messages on these subjects effectively and maximise visibility in this time of opportunity.
This is a new and stimulating role for ILC-UK and we need an experienced communications expert with a strong passion and understanding for UK public policy. The post holder should be able to interpret and understand research to disseminate to a wider audience. You must be able to work at a rapid pace, with both the Research and Public Affairs teams and work on multiple projects at the same time with competing deadlines.
- Enhancing our reputation – Developing and leading our communication and public affairs strategy to ensure we have strong links with key opinion formers to promote the work of the ILC-UK.
- Enhancing the visibility of our research – Maximising the influence of our research and expertise through the dissemination of research, engagement with key stakeholders and other activities, such as media engagement.
- Lead the Events and Public Affairs Team – Manage our experienced events and public affairs team, providing leadership and direction.
- Contributing to ILC-UK’s broader community life – Contributing to ILC-UK internal and external meetings and events, and more broadly the intellectual and social capital of the organisation.
For more information about this post, including the Key Skills, How to Apply and the full Job Description, please click here.
If you experience any difficulties downloading either of the PDFs, please contact ILC-UK at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to forward these through to you.