International Swaps and Derivatives Association seeks Director, European Public Policy
Director, European Public Policy
Location: London or Brussels (regular travel)
The Director of European Public Policy is responsible for identifying, prioritizing, analyzing and managing public policy issues and leading advocacy pertaining to OTC Derivatives across Europe. The Director will work closely with Regulators and support members by influencing a broad range of stakeholders internally and externally, in furtherance of ISDA’s advocacy efforts.
Duties and responsibilities
Leading Working Groups:
- Leading and directing calls with members across the industry to understand concerns and progress a way forward to address.
- Known for being knowledgeable about relevant policy issues, for being reliable and honest in the provision of both information and opinion to members, regulators and other stakeholders, and for being consistent over time, acting as an advocate for the Policy team at ISDA.
- Taking a leading role at Conferences and events where Public Policy issues are discussed or where policymakers participate.
- Managing and or providing guidance and support to colleagues across the policy team.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships across ISDA and with ISDA members through networking, approachability and effective counsel on Public Policy issues.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Regulators and other external policy makers, attending conferences and events and networking with key stakeholders.
- Leveraging industry contacts and sustaining relationships with key players in derivatives markets.
- Ensure member requirements are fully understood and taken into consideration at each stage.
- Synthesizing member input and shaping compelling briefing papers and position papers.
- Shaping public policy in areas of great importance to ISDA through education, awareness-raising and advocacy.
- Devising and executing development of public policy strategies to support member priorities.
- Adhere to any relevant codes of conduct or legislation regulating the conduct of public policy advocacy.
Research and Reporting:
- Researching topics and news related to the members and issues you deal with.
- Concise, clear communication of major developments to members, in writing or through telephone calls, meetings.
- Being well-versed in issues of the day, and in those that affect ISDA members in particular.
- Research and analysis of legislation and regulatory proposals.
- Degree in political sciences, history, law or economics desirable.
- Further financial qualifications an advantage.
Relevant Skills / Abilities
- Strong knowledge of the derivatives market essential.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with good facilitation and presentation skills and proven track record of communicating successfully across jurisdictions.
- Ability to influence without authority and interact credibly with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent consultative ability and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to promote change and manage resistance and have difficult conversations while maintaining working relationships.
- Strong working knowledge of European Public Policy regarding Derivatives.
- Must have strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Min. 4 yrs experience operating at Assistant Director or Director level in a public policy role in financial services.
Employers want to know how you found their job advert so please state that you found this position advertised on politjobs.uk.