LEVC seeks Public Affairs Manager
Public Affairs Manager
About LEVC (formerly known as The London Taxi Company)
LEVC is the manufacturer of the iconic London Black Cab which is utilised in over 40 major cities worldwide. We have an exciting future ahead our parent company Zhejiang Geely Holding Group have invested £325m to manufacture a brand new range extended zero emission capable electric hybrid taxi which will be built in a brand new facility at Ansty Business Park, Coventry.
A critical role within LEVC at a significant time of business change, the Public Affairs Manager is directly responsible for creating a receptive legislative environment for LEVC’s electric vehicles to operate.
Working with national, regional and local governments and a range of other stakeholders, you will be LEVC’s main representative for a range of policy issues and the point of contact for internal colleagues on policy matters.
You will be working across a broad range of policy areas including automotive policy, electric vehicle deployment, clean vehicle technology and taxi regulation.
- Monitoring of political and industry developments
- Regular liaison between LEVC and key government organisations such as the Office for Low Emission Vehicles
- Internal reporting and analysis of relevant political and policy developments and announcements
- Representing LEVC at high-profile external meetings, conferences and events
- Campaigning for change in regulation, legislation and policy on several fronts
- Supporting the business in its engagement with government organisations such as local authorities
Primary relationships and interactions
- Key UK Government departments
- Select UK local authorities
- Regional transport regulators in key cities
- Taxi drivers and drivers’ associations
- Charities and NGOs
- Trade associations
- Select private sector partners e.g. chargepoint companies
- PA & Comms team
- LEVC Commercial team and senior management
Personal qualities and attributes
- Highly motivated self-starter, able to work alone or in several different teams across the business
- Delivery-focused, natural problem solver, happy to take on competing requests and challenging deadlines
- Able to take on short notice, out of hours commitments, and national and international travel
- Highly competent written ability, able to put together letters, briefings, presentations with ease.
Experience and qualifications
- 5+ years’ experience in a public affairs role, either in agency or in house
- Educated to degree level
- Experience in automotive sector desirable
Employers want to know how you found their job advert so please state that you found this position advertised on politjobs.uk.