Luno seeks Head of Policy & Public Affairs
Head of Policy & Public Affairs
Luno is a leading global digital currency company operating across more than 40 countries and with offices in London, Singapore and Cape Town. We’re Series B-funded and backed by some of the top tech investors in the world, including Naspers and Balderton.
Our products and services make it safe and easy for people and businesses to buy, store, use and learn about digital currencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum. Our vision is to upgrade the world to a better financial system.
We are looking for someone to join the team to lead the public affairs strategy for Luno globally, reporting directly into the CEO and working closely with the countries, risk and compliance teams to ensure that we are partnering with local governments, regulators and the broader community to build lasting and positive impact relationships in those regions.
What you’ll do
- You will be responsible for building out the policy and public affairs strategy for Luno globally. Luno currently operates within Europe, South East Asia and Africa. With the rapid expansion currently occurring in the business, this role will quickly be responsible for even more regions globally.
- Build Luno’s brand profile with policy makers and regulators globally, this will include but not limited to governments, third parties and academics.
- Work closely with the compliance team and regional regulators to ensure that regulatory frameworks support digital currency, enabling Luno to continue to grow globally.
- Be the face of Luno at external events with policy makers and regulators. This will include speaking at events, select committees and in the media.
- Define protocols for leveraging existing country teams and help build and manage a global policy team over time.
What you’ll need
- Experience of leading Policy and public affairs strategy for a fast paced tech business previously.
- An ability to be a self starter. Luno has grown significantly since its launch in 2013, and this person will need to be able to grow quickly with the business ensuring that we can stay at the forefront of the digital currency sector globally.
- Experience of representing brands in the media and at select committees, this person will be the face of Luno from a regulatory perspective, and the person needs to have experience of this work previously.
- A strong network with governments and regulators globally.
- A passion for digital currency, and someone who can be a campaigner for digital currency adoption with regulators and governments globally.
Digital currencies are rapidly changing the financial landscape, and the Luno team is at the forefront of this revolution. If you’re looking to work on something truly global and disruptive with a smart and ambitious team that highly values diversity, teamwork, and the continuous quest for excellence, then this is the opportunity for you.
Employers want to know how you found their job advert so please state that you found this position advertised on politjobs.uk.