MND Association seeks Senior Public Affairs & Campaigns Adviser
Senior Public Affairs & Campaigns Adviser
The MND Association was founded in 1979. Our mission is to improve care and support for people with MND, their families and carers. We also fund and promote research that leads to new understanding and treatments and brings us closer to a cure for MND. The Association also campaigns and raises awareness so the needs of people with MND, and everyone who cares for them, are recognised and addressed by wider society.
- MND is a fatal, rapidly progressive disease that affects the brain and spinal cord
- It attacks the nerves that control movement so muscles refuse to work. Sensory nerves are not usually affected
- It can leave people locked in a failing body, unable to move, talk and eventually breath
- It kills a third of people within a year and more than half within two years of diagnosis
- It has no cure.
An opportunity has arisen for a part time Senior Public Affairs and Campaigns Adviser to join the Policy & Campaigns Team at the Motor Neurone Disease Association based at our London office.
The main purpose of this role will be to work with the Public Affairs Manager and the National Campaigns Manager to develop and deliver the MND Association’s programme of public affairs and national campaigning activity, to achieve the Association’s strategic objective of ensuring everyone affected by MND can access the care and support they need.
As Senior Public Affairs and Campaigns Adviser you will be responsible for providing support on the development and delivery of the Association’s national campaigns and our engagement with parliamentarians.
You will be able to demonstrate previous experience of running campaigns within a voluntary organisation, with an understanding of parliamentary processes and procedures.
It is essential that you are educated to degree level or equivalent, with the ability to communicate with people at all levels from senior politicians to local volunteers. You will possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and be a great team player.
You will be available for occasional evening and weekend work and have the ability to travel to external meetings and events as required.
- Salary: Circa £30,000 FTE + London Weighting + Benefits (Pro Rata £18,000)
- Contract Type: 2 Year Fixed Term Contract, 22.5 hours per week
- Closing Date: Monday, 22nd January 2018
- Interview Date: Wednesday, 31st January 2018
- For more information about this exciting role, please view the Job Description.
Please send your CV and covering letter explaining why you would be suitable for the role to email@example.com