Nationwide Building Society seeks Lead Policy and Public Affairs Manager
Lead Policy and Public Affairs Manager
• Lead Policy and Public Affairs Manager in our London Office
• Salary range £50,840 – £56,489 (min to market anchor) dependent on experience
• London weighting £4,687 gross per annum
• Permanent full time, 35 hours per week
Nationwide Building Society is hiring a lead (senior) manager to join our Policy and Public Affairs team. You’ll play a central role in a dynamic and effective team, working on issues of national consequence across Government and Parliament.
You’ll help bring Nationwide’s mutuality to life as we campaign on the issues which matter to members. You’ll take our strong reputation and excellent relations with policymakers and develop this further. You’ll also provide expert analysis and advice to help us navigate the political environment.
Who we’re looking for
You’ll be someone who has plenty of experience of engaging with Ministers, officials, MPs, campaign groups, Government-Industry partnerships, charities, think tanks and industry associations.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- Extensive experience of working in politics or public affairs
- Have a track record of creating and delivering successful campaigns
- Have extensive experience of working in politics or public affairs
- Be politically astute with a broad political network, combined with a deep understanding of UK politics and policy
- Have a track record of enhancing an organisation’s reputation with policymakers
- Possess the ability to blend analytical and strategic thinking with a creative and campaigning approach
- Demonstrate excellent communications skills, oral and verbal, with an ability to synthesis and distil complex information
- Have a genuine affiliation with mutuality and a flair for making this relevant to social challenges
What you’ll be doing
You’ll help create and deliver high profile public policy campaigns on issues of national consequence, whilst ensuring our social purpose and mutuality resonate with policymakers.
You’ll work with our senior leaders to provide expert analysis on how politics and policy affects the society and advise on how to respond.
- Support Head of Policy and Public Affairs and the wider team on building, planning and delivering campaigns on issues of national consequence e.g. housing, consumer issues (including in relation to Brexit) and responsible business.
- Be an advocate and develop the Society’s political engagement programmes across Westminster, Whitehall, devolved assemblies, campaign groups, trade associations and think tanks. In the process, work directly with multiple senior internal stakeholders and high profile political audiences
- Formulate positions on relevant public policy, secure internal support for these and communicate them effectively with policymakers
- Produce expert Nationwide briefing papers, policy documents and consultation responses
- Anticipate emerging political/policy challenges and opportunities and develop response strategies
- Represent the Society and its members’ interests in external fora to increase understanding and support for Nationwide
- Help build understanding of the Policy and Public Affairs function across the Society
Send in your application by 31st August
Employers want to know how you found their job advert so please state that you found this position advertised on politjobs.uk.