Nominet seeks Public Affairs Executive
Public Affairs Executive
A profit with a purpose company, Nominet uses technology to create a future that is connected, inclusive and secure. Funded by our commercial operations, our goal is to improve one million lives a year. We work at the heart of the internet infrastructure, running a world class registry, deploying sophisticated analytics to tackle cyber threats and finding new ways to connect people and devices.
As Public Affairs Executive you will support the public affairs team to deliver a proactive and impactful engagement plan that ensures Nominet is building a positive reputation with stakeholders, showcasing Nominet as a responsible, innovative company with business momentum and strong tech for good credentials.
The Public Affairs Executive will help ensure the business is informed about key political developments and issues affecting business units. In this role you will work closely with the Government Relations and Policy Manager, with the Emerging Technology Policy Lead, and with colleagues in the corporate affairs directorate, around the business and with external agencies.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone with excellent organisational and communication skills who wants to develop their career in Public Affairs/ Government Relations.
The role could be based in Oxford or London, but candidates would need to be able to spend time in both locations as required.
- Develop and execute a plan to maximise the impact of public affairs team insight across the business.
- Maintaining forward planning calendars.
- Ensure political contacts database is updated – proactively build the contact base and build and maintain new relationships for the teams objectives.
- Take ownership of monthly reporting for public affairs function and produce monthly reports on key topics to support business units.
- Compile briefing packs for meetings with stakeholders, including for senior leadership.
- Work with media relations and other teams to ensure they are briefed on key political developments.
- Responsibility for policy pages of the Nominet website. Perform a monthly review of corporate website (copy and images) to identify opportunities to develop.
- Responsible for compiling evidence for, and drafting, award entries.
- Confident and credible communicator with first-rate written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to manage a complex programme of activity.
- Demonstrable ability to develop key relationships and trust with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to listen to, and understand different perspectives.
- Good judgement.
Key results/ outputs and deliverables:
- Effective production and socialisation of public affairs messaging and materials.
- Develop and maintain stakeholder databases for public affairs function.
- Develop and execute engagement plan for public affairs.
- Production of Monthly plans for each business unit.
- Maintenance of public affairs activity and calendars.
Professional skills, background and profile:
- The right person will be an intelligent team player, who likes problem-solving, with bags of energy and initiative. Someone who gets their sleeves rolled up and gets stuck in.
- Proactive, organised and able to shape and drive a programme of work.
- Someone who is organised and has attention to detail, is interested in the development of the internet.
Employers want to know how you found their job advert so please state that you found this position advertised on politjobs.uk.