ONE seeks Advocacy and Campaigns Intern
ONE is a global campaigning and advocacy organization supported by millions of members from around the world who are committed to the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa. We hold world leaders to account for the promises made to the poorest, and we press them to support better policies and aid that is more effective. We also work with leaders in Africa to support greater democracy, accountability and transparency and advocate for increased domestic investments in development so that these resources can be effectively deployed. With HQ in Washington, DC, we operate from North America, Europe and Africa.
ONE seeks an
Advocacy and Campaigns Intern
About the opportunity
Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment towards reaching a common goal of ending extreme poverty and preventable disease. When you work for ONE, you will receive excellent benefits along with the opportunity to be part of an international organization and to contribute to our mission.
The Advocacy and Campaigns Intern will support ONE’s advocacy and campaigns effort in the UK. This is an exciting opportunity for a budding advocate to use their advocacy, campaigns and communication skills to support our work, mobilizing our 600,000 UK members and 50 Youth Ambassadors and lobbying the UK government to take decisions in the interest of the world’s poorest people. Reporting to the UK Policy & Advocacy Manager, and working closely with the UK and Ireland Campaigns Manager, the Advocacy and Campaigns Intern will work across the UK team and with colleagues in our Global Policy and Marketing divisions. This internship is a paid position, the intern is compensated hourly at the London living wage rate.
In this role, you will:
- Support UK advocacy activities by updating contact management systems and drafting outreach and briefing materials for MPs.
- Monitor parliamentary activities and follow activities that are relevant to ONE’s issues.
- Provide fast and accurate analysis of UK policy announcements, assessing the implications for the world’s poorest people.
- Support with the logistics and organisation of events and travel, including ONE’s programme at the political party conferences.
- Support the campaigns team in mobilising our 50 Youth Ambassadors and ONE members across the country
- Support the team’s campaigns on the UK aid budget, the G7 Summit, and the Global Fund for HIV/AIDS, TB, and Malaria replenishment Summit.
- Brainstorm campaign actions with the team, and communicate with ONE’s supporters
- Identify opportunities to engage our members locally and online, and support the logistical and creative planning of campaigns and communications
- Respond to public email inquiries about ONE’s issues
What we need from you
- Proven interest or work experience in international development and Africa.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work quickly and accurately in a fast paced environment while paying strong attention to detail.
- Able to motivate volunteers to take action and support their ideas
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Outlook and Excel.
- Knowledge of, and interest in, British politics.
- Ability to consistently apply good judgment and make good and responsible decisions.
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times.
- Good team working and inter-personal skills
- Great organizational skills with ability to manage your time and juggle multiple deadlines and priorities
In return, we offer:
A fantastic opportunity to make a huge impact in the world working with a highly-visible, mission-driven organisation in an incredible, supportive work environment. An hourly rate, paid at the London living wage, and much more!!!
Interested? Let’s chat
Please submit an application, CV and cover letter at jobs.one.org. Please be advised this is a rolling recruitment, and that we will conclude the process once the right person has been selected for the job. We thank all candidates for their interest; however we are only able to contact those who we decide to interview.
ONE is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants. When an applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to compete for a job, they may request it orally or in writing (please visit the Contact Us page on the web). ONE will process requests for reasonable accommodation and will provide reasonable accommodations where appropriate, in a prompt and efficient manner.
ONE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
Only candidates authorized to work in the U.K. without any restrictions need apply.