Corporate Affairs Associate
PepsiCo UK & Ireland is looking for a Corporate Affairs Associate to take on a key role in its Corporate Affairs team. The role will be based out of our Central London office, with flexibility to work one day a week from home depending on business requirements. The role reports principally to the Head of External Affairs.
PepsiCo has an exciting portfolio of brands across different food and drink categories including Walkers, Tropicana, Quaker and Pepsi. We are looking for someone who is keen to work in a fast-paced, issues-rich, regulated, consumer-facing environment. The post holder will fully understand the link between media relations and public affairs, and how to prioritise issues with excellent written communication skills.
This is new position within a Corporate Affairs team of eight. Two thirds of the role will be devoted to public affairs, the rest on trade media support. Responsibilities include managing stakeholder and trade media relations as well as drafting communications materials. The candidate will be passionate about current affairs and play an essential part in shaping how PepsiCo UK & Ireland is perceived by key stakeholders.
- Manage UK stakeholder engagement programme including supporting collateral and policy issues tracker
- Write and maintain briefing notes on key policy issues;
- Attend priority stakeholder event/seminars (Government, Parliament, NGOs, Thinktanks) and organise stakeholder site visits/events;
- Manage day to day work programme with our consultancy for PA and PR – supporting the Corporate Communications Manager in connecting the communications and public affairs agendas;
- Lead B2B trade communications programme – working in partnership with the sales and marketing teams to support trade press agenda;
- Advise brand teams ensuring corporate commitment to responsible marketing and advising on reputational risk;
- Support the broader corporate affairs agenda – including policy led content for the website.
- A resourceful and motivated individual with a keen appetite for learning and high attention to detail
- Passionate about current affairs, corporate reputation and communications;
- Knowledge of Westminster/Whitehall with an understanding of the significance of EU/international developments;
- Sound judgement on political risk issues and the ability to analyse and assess their importance to PepsiCo;
- Degree level education with experience in issues rich environment.
- Excellent written skills with the ability to summarise complex issues;
- Experienced in preparing briefings and undertaking research;
- Avid consumer of news who can demonstrate understanding of UK and global current affairs;
- Effective multi-tasker with strong time management skills and an ability to adapt quickly to change;
- Ability to work, network and communicate at all levels both within the organisation and externally.
- Knowledge/understanding of food industry issues and the stakeholder landscape;
- Experience of public health/packaging waste policy issues;
- Experience of working with multi-national organisations;
- Experience of B2B trade communications;
- FMCG/brand communications experience;
- Good understanding of media relations.
In joining us at PepsiCo, you will be working with a broad scope of stakeholders and different operating models where career progression is a genuine focus. We also offer competitive compensation and a fantastic range of flexible benefits, including an excellent pension scheme.