Research and Development Officer
Islamic Relief Worldwide and Humanitarian Academy for Development are currently recruiting for the position of Research and Development Officer who will be responsible to support the development of HAD’s R&D programmes and projects (including conducting and managing research, bid/report-writing, project management and event management) and for coordinating the administration of the R&D department
The successful candidate must have or be:
- A Master’s degree in a field appropriate to the post and knowledge of quantitative and/or qualitative research processes (including epistemologies, methods, research design, data collection and analysis, research ethics, publications).
- Sound experience conducting and supporting practice-relevant research, ideally within a university and/or NGO.
- Experience in writing, editing, proofreading and producing (academic) research reports and publications.
- Experience of working with researchers at all levels, including postgraduate students, independent researchers and senior academics.
- Demonstrable ability to design and deliver high-quality, evidence-rich and engaging presentations.
If you are talented, reliable, service minded, resilient and a highly motivated professional looking for a meaningful career, with a strong commitment to IRW’s values and mission, please apply by completing our online application form.
*PLEASE NOTE: The vacancy will close as soon as a suitable candidate is found and interviews will be held on an ongoing basis.
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
- screening clearance
- proof of eligibility to live and work within the UK
- receipt of satisfactory references
Please note, for UK based roles, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK. We are unable to progress applications which would require sponsorship
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants should be sympathetic to the values of Islamic Relief
(Sincerity, Excellence, Compassion, Social Justice and Custodianship)
Islamic Relief is an al opportunities employer