Renewable Energy Association seeks External Affairs Manager
External Affairs Manager
An exciting opportunity to work at the forefront of the UK’s renewable energy industry. Based in central London and reporting directly to the REA’s Head of Policy and External Affairs, this role is a unique chance to drive forward the decarbonisation of power, heat and transport at a pivotal moment for the government’s agenda in this area.
We are looking for someone with a passion for the environment and renewables and a track record of inspiring action across multiple platforms to drive integrated campaigns. Confidence and experience in building relationships with journalists is a must, as is an enthusiasm for building political networks. Political knowledge and understanding of public affairs are also important elements of the role.
You should have excellent writing skills and the ability to develop creative content that appeals to high-level stakeholders. In a fast-moving policy area, you will be need to be able to react quickly to assimilate new information across a broad spectrum of policy and political developments, understand its significance to the wider agenda, and develop and communicate our organisation’s position.
- Scope to develop policy knowledge in a fast moving area
- Increase your media and political profile
- Explore new campaign areas
- Develop and implement communications strategy to support REA members
- Enact proactive media relations strategy and engagement
- Develop external affairs programme
- Providing intelligence on relevant political and policy developments
- Manage and contribute to digital and social media content and strategy
- Contribute to the writing and organisation of REA’s key publications, such as REview
Skills and experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of leading media relations and PR programmes
- Understanding of UK Government and interest in political environment
- Experience of digital and social media strategy and implementation
- Strong content creation skills
- Experience in the energy industry desirable
Please email your CV together with a covering letter to email@example.com by 22 February 2018, we may interview candidates before the closing date.