ROCKWOOL seeks Policy and Public Affairs Adviser
Policy and Public Affairs Adviser
ROCKWOOL UK are seeking a Policy and Public Affairs Adviser to join the team. This is an interim vacancy for 12 months based in the Chiswick (London) office. This role offers a competitive salary and excellent company benefits.
Who are ROCKWOOL?
We are the UK’s leading manufacturer in sustainable stone wool insulation materials for thermal, fire and acoustic insulation. ROCKWOOL are committed to enriching the lives of everyone who comes into contact with our solutions. Our expertise are perfectly suited to tackle many of today’s biggest sustainability and development challenges, from energy consumption and noise pollution to fire resilience, water scarcity and flooding. Our range of products reflects the diversity of the world’s needs, supporting our stakeholders in reducing their own carbon footprint along the way.
- Co-ordinating political monitoring and alerting the public affairs team and wider business to relevant developments and opportunities;
- Conducting policy research and preparing consultation responses to government and regulatory bodies;
- Preparing concise policy briefings for internal and external audiences;
- Conducting research and writing copy for RWUK’s sustainability report;
- Identifying engagement and influencing opportunities within central government, local government, think tanks, membership bodies and other influencers;
- Engaging with external stakeholders including policy-makers and influencers to drive RWUK positions;
- Representing RWUK on external committees, task forces and at policy and industry events;
- Creating and feeding policy and public affairs content to RWUK and external communications platforms.
This is what you offer
- Educated to degree level or equivalent qualification;
- Proven previous experience in a similar role e.g. Policy, Regulatory Affairs, Public Affairs;
- Strong understanding of UK policy and regulatory framework;
- Excellent communicator both verbal and written.
Knowledge of one or more of the following policy areas:
- Energy efficiency;
- Environmental noise;
- Building regulations.
- Knowledge of building/construction industry;
- Knowledge of the devolved administrations.
This is what we offer
ROCKWOOL UK offers an excellent benefit package alongside a competitive salary. If you recognise yourself in this opportunity, please send your CV to Bethany.firstname.lastname@example.org.