Salesforce seeks Senior Manager, Government Affairs & Public Policy
Senior Manager, Government Affairs & Public Policy
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world’s #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, the World’s Most Innovative Company according to Forbes, and one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work for nine years running. The growth, innovation, and Aloha spirit of Salesforce are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering success for our customers while also finding time to give back through our 1/1/1 model, which leverages 1% of our time, equity, and product to improve communities around the world.
We are seeking a Public Policy Professional to be based at Salesforce in London , reporting into the Senior Director for EMEA Government Affairs in Brussels. The Senior Manager for Government Affairs would be the first full time person to establish our government relations presence in the UK and would represent Salesforce to British policy makers and regulators.
- Follow closely digital policy and regulatory developments in the UK, especially in the areas of cloud computing, privacy and security, and Brexit.
- Represent Salesforce before the British government, the GLA, regulatory authorities, policy groups, and trade associations.
- Work with a cross-functional corporate team across legal, sales, marketing, PR and technology as well as the country leadership team to help develop policy positions that support multi-tenant cloud computing.
- Work with trade associations, think-tanks, and industry coalitions to create consensus on relevant policy positions
- Work closely with the local public sector team
- Maintain and develop contacts with government officials, MPs and other stakeholders.
- BA and/or advanced degree in government, political science, law or similar from respected university.
- Excellent written and communication skills in English, another language a plus.
- Deep understanding of high-tech policy issues, the British political landscape and familiarity with the policy-making process.
- Familiarity with UK think-tanks, industry associations and policy groups.
- Ability to develop public policy positions and build coalitions in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in technology policy issues including privacy, security, education and trade policy issues.
- Able to travel at least 4 weeks per year.
- A minimum of 5 years’ work experience in a highly professional international environment focused on policy or political work (preferably technology related)
- Highly motivated self-starter; ability to work independently
- Embrace Salesforce values: Trust, Growth, Innovation and Equality
- Able to work with people across different departments and organizations and across different time zones
- Able to prioritize and be results-oriented
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to conceptualize new approaches to public policy
- An outgoing, open personality
- Keen to work in a multicultural environment
- Service-minded, reliable, rigorous