Scotch Whisky Association seeks EU and Brexit Policy Manager
EU and Brexit Policy Manager
Scotch Whisky is a much-loved and prestigious spirit drink with a global reputation. The industry plays a significant role in the Scottish and British economies, and is an important employer across Scotland and, through the supply chain, across the whole of the UK. It combines both the traditional and modern, the international and local.
The SWA is the trade association that supports the Scotch Whisky industry. Our vision is to be a dynamic industry in sustainable global growth and for Scotch to retain its place as the world’s leading high-quality spirit drink. Our mission is to drive the best possible global business environment for Scotch, so that the industry’s vision can be achieved. We are headquartered in Edinburgh and have an office in London.
We are looking for someone to help deliver a successful outcome for the Scotch Whisky industry from the Brexit process. This role will involve contributing to the development of SWA policy positions on issues relevant to the Brexit negotiations as well as ongoing EU regulatory business. It will require analysis to determine how the Scotch Whisky industry will be impacted by different Brexit scenarios, and the development of arguments to support our positions. It will involve working closely with colleagues across the SWA and with our member companies to ensure the industry is well-represented on Brexit and EU related issues.
Specific tasks will include
- Analysing legislative developments related to Brexit and the EU’s ongoing regulatory agenda.
- Drafting policy briefs to ensure our Brexit and EU priorities are clear and acted upon by target stakeholders.
- Directly communicating our Brexit and EU policy positions to Government officials and other external contacts.
- Providing timely information and recommendations to our membership.
- Working with colleagues to support our outreach activities on Brexit, including press,
digital media, blogs and speeches.
As part of this role, you may be required on occasion to travel outside London to support the SWA’s work, including to Scotland and overseas.
Your experience and skills
We are looking for a problem solver who is passionate to work for our fantastic industry! Ideally you will have:
- At least 2-3 years’ experience working in Government, public affairs or other roles relevant to this job description.
- Experience working on UK/EU legislation and/or trade negotiations
- An excellent eye for detail.
- Strong teamwork and communications skills.
Details and Application
- Location: London
- Contract: Permanent
- Hours: Full Time
- Salary – circa £35000
- Benefits package: 25 days holiday, generous group personal pension plan
Please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com with ‘Policy Manager – EU and Brexit’ as the subject.
This vacancy closes on Friday 5th January 2018.