Scottish Grocers Federation seeks Public Affairs Assistant
Public Affairs Assistant
The post is full time (Monday – Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm)
The starting salary ranges from £14,000 to £18,000 (depending on experience).
The Scottish Grocers’ Federation is recruiting for a Public Affairs Assistant. Working closely with the Head of Policy and Public Affairs, the successful candidate will provide public affairs and administrative support in line with the organisations public affairs strategy.
You will work in a small but fast paced and engaging environment with a wide range of interesting duties, including:
- Providing administrative support to the Head of the Policy and Public Affairs Department.
- Developing responses to consultations and calls for evidence from the Scottish and UK Governments and the Scottish Parliament.
- Maintaining accurate and up to date records of correspondence with public affairs contacts on databases and excel spreadsheets, and in hard-copy format so that information about relationships with stakeholders is easily accessible.
- Assisting the Head of Policy and Public Affairs in meeting objectives in line with the SGF Public Affairs Strategy.
- Attending regular meetings with key external stakeholders in the Scottish Government and the Scottish Parliament.
- Keeping up to date on political developments and stakeholder activities and supporting the Head of Policy and Public Affairs in briefing the Chief Executive and Board members on political and legislative developments.
- Representing the Head of Policy and Public Affairs as and when required.
- Assist with external communications, media enquiries and social media.
Please apply with a copy of your current CV.