S&P Global seeks Summer Intern, Public Affairs
Summer Intern, Public Affairs
The Public Affairs group covers a variety of global functions, operating at the S&P Global enterprise level and in close partnership with each of the S&P Global business divisions. The main functions of the group includes Government Affairs & Public Policy, External and Strategic Communications, Internal Communications, Brand Marketing, Creative and Digital, Corporate Responsibility, Global Studios and SPGI Content.
Public Affairs is seeking a summer Intern position for a short duration of 4-6 weeks to help with a variety of projects across multiple of the functions listed above.
What’s in it for you
The Public Affairs group operates across a variety of functions at the S&P Global enterprise level and with a fascinating perspective across a large part the corporation, in what is a market leader in numerous fields. By design, the placement will give you access to working on some of the biggest thematic issues affecting global markets today and the opportunity to work with a senior layer of management in a globally spread team.
- Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer for Public Affairs, and working with a number of managers in the London office, covering 3-4 projects in a short duration of 4-6 weeks
- Developing usage analytics for content campaigns
- Content creation on internal communication channels
- Online community space creation for the UK Steering committee
- Assist with regional strategy maps and stakeholder engagement plans for our Government Affairs & Public Policy team
- Research Content campaigns
What We’re Looking For
- An ability to work well within cross functional and globally spread teams, making use of remote messaging & communication tools, e.g. Skype, Microsoft Teams.
- A keen interest in the fields of geo politics, economics, government affairs and public policy
- A good understanding of social media strategy and emerging trends in digital content
- The position would suit a university graduate part way through their degree studies.
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal, coupled with an ability to deliver and execute on projects to tight deadlines.
- A study background in the field of politics or economics, while not essential, is desired
- Some web design skills would be useful, although again, not essential