The Law Society seeks Public Affairs Adviser
Public Affairs Adviser
What’s in it for you
• Working as part of a high performing, fast paced team
• Working on high profile issues such as Brexit and access to justice
• The opportunity to lead public affairs projects across a range of areas
• The chance to shape the Society’s role in its engagement with senior stakeholders
The Law Society is looking for two motivated and talented public affairs advisers to join a high performing public affairs and campaigns team.
These roles provide a fantastic opportunity to work on a range of high profile and fascinating issues such as Brexit, access to justice and technology.Both posts will focus on developing and delivering public affairs plans, providing political advice, responding to legislative developments and delivering high quality parliamentary monitoring.One of the two posts will have a particular focus on campaigns, and will work closely with the Campaigns Manager on the organisation’s access to justice and global legal centre campaigns. The other post will have more of a parliamentary focus, with a particular emphasis on stakeholder engagement. Recruitment of this post follows an internal promotion within the team.
What we’re looking for
• Demonstrable experience of planning and managing successful public affairs campaigns.
• A strong interest in politics
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Self-motivation and enthusiasm
• Able to work effectively in a fast paced and busy environment
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and experience:
Experience of planning and managing successful public affairs campaigns.
Avid interest in politics and a thorough knowledge of the political process and the workings of Parliament
Ability to work, network and communicate at all levels both within the organisation and externally.
Excellent written skills with the ability to communicate complex issues and develop innovative ways of communicating.
The Law Society represents solicitors in England and Wales. From negotiating with and lobbying the profession’s regulators, government and other decision makers, to offering training and advice, we’re here to help, protect and promote solicitors.
Vacancy closing date: 20/09/2017 23:55