TSB Bank seeks Public Affairs Manager
Public Affairs Manager
An opportunity to become Public Affairs Manager at the UK’s leading challenger bank, during what is an exciting period of growth and innovation at the organisation.
You will become part of an award winning and highly-regarded specialist team that works closely with the bank’s executive and core business units on a daily basis. The team advises the business on mitigating risks and identifying opportunities to drive commercial and reputational growth within the political and public policy landscape.
As well as being responsible for more traditional public affairs activity such as engagement and public policy positions, the team also leads the bank’s charge to campaign for better consumer outcomes through genuine competition in the retail banking sector.
- Develop public policy positions on a range of business and banking issues.
- Advise the business units on how to mitigate risks and gain commercial and reputational growth within the political and public policy landscape.
- Support CEO and business executive engagement, through policy insights, speech writing and profile building programmes.
- Design and manage the political and policy influencer engagement programme, leveraging all of the bank’s assets.
- Identify opportunities, design and lead the execution of multi-platform campaigns which engage in the wider public policy debate. These campaigns should showcase the organisation’s’ brand values, promote its competition vision, and support business growth
- Work seamlessly with the broader corporate affairs teams and the bank’s parent company.
- Politically aware.
- Comprehensive understanding of Westminster and Whitehall.
- Previous experience of working within a highly regulated industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Go-getting attitude.
- Experience working with other communications functions is welcomed but not a prerequisite
Works as part of a specialist team who are responsible for the bank’s:
- Engagement with Whitehall, Westminster and other external bodies.
- Relationships with trade associations.
- Public policy positions.
The team is also responsible for:
- Providing advice to the business to help it mitigate risks and gain commercial and reputational advantage.
- Designing and delivering integrated communications campaigns which promote commercial and reputational growth.
Closing date: 28 January 2018
At TSB, we believe businesses need to reflect the communities they serve. This is why we have a long-term commitment to diversity and inclusion.. It’s important to us to make sure we bring the best talent to our business, regardless of characteristics such as race, gender, disability, sexual orientation or social background. Our focus on diversity and inclusion is a key part of how we support and develop the people who work here. It helps us build a stronger culture where no matter what background you come from you feel valued and confident in bringing your whole self to work.