UK Power Networks seeks Stakeholder Engagement Manager
Stakeholder Engagement Manager
The UK’s largest Electricity Distributor is looking for an experienced Stakeholder Engagement professional to join its growing Customer Engagement Department. Reporting to the Head of Customer Engagement, this key role co-ordinates UKPN’s stakeholder engagement strategy, ensuring we stay ahead of changing customer, societal, political and regulatory expectations.
You will work with colleagues from across the business to set the overall stakeholder engagement strategy at a time of unprecedented change in the electricity sector. Managing the Stakeholder events officer and an external agency you will deliver a programme of interesting and compelling events that engage our numerous and diverse stakeholders across London, the East and South East of England.
Based in the Customer Engagement Team will work closely with the Public affairs, Sustainability and External Communications teams to ensure our Stakeholder Engagement aligns with and supports our long-term Vision.
You will have a background in stakeholder engagement and understand how to quickly build trust and empathy with key stakeholders. Comfortable working with and advising Senior Directors and staff, you’ll be responsible not only for managing the engagement programme but writing and submitting our Stakeholder Engagement and Consumer Vulnerability report to the regulator.
You will also play a key role in devising the engagement programme to support our business plan for the next regulatory pricing period, and establishing a new Customer Engagement Group to acts as a critical friend over the next 2-3 years as we finalise our RIIO2 business plan.
This is an exciting role in a rapidly changing industry and one that will enable the post holder to directly influence and shape the service we provide to over eight million homes and businesses, with a particular focus on ensuring we meet the needs of our most vulnerable customers.
- Revise and implement the stakeholder engagement strategy and annual engagement plan
- Manage an ongoing programme of engagement events
- Ensure all events and follow-ups are well planned, agendas set and meeting outputs captured.
- Maintain an up to date database of stakeholders
- Manage the communication with stakeholders, including the stakeholder newsletter
- Draft the annual Stakeholder Engagement submission to Ofgem
Nature & Scope
The Customer Engagement team is responsible for managing the engagement strategy for number of UK Power Network’s key stakeholders. Comprising the Stakeholder, External Communications, Public Affairs and Sustainability functions, the Customer Engagement Team are responsible planning our and measuring the effectiveness of our engagement. The team forms part of the Customer Services Directorate, and sits alongside the Customer Service, Customer Change and Marketing teams. The role of the Customer Services directorate is to embed a culture of placing customers first in our thinking. Our aim is to make sure all employees have the information, insight and tools they need to provide customer service to our 8.1million customers.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of five years’ experience supporting co-ordinated stakeholder relationship activity
- Understanding of the Ofgem’s regulatory requirements for stakeholder engagement
- Experience of working with charities, community organisations, political or NGO stakeholders
- Experience in devising engagement strategy
- Experience in organising events and communications for diverse stakeholders that achieve clearly defined engagement objectives
- Experience of leading or managing people/agency support
- Experience of leading or managing work programmes
- Evidence of thinking differently and encouraging a creative culture
- An enquiring mind with desire to challenge the status quo
- Ability to take ownership of work and managing this effectively and efficiently
Skills and personal qualities
- Confident self-starter
- Strategic thinker, able to see the big picture and devise objectives and tactics to bring it to life
- People-orientated, able to engage with others with excellent networking skills
- Highly credible in front of external audiences
- Very strong communicator in written and verbal form
- Able to very quickly understand, summarise or simplify new and/or complicated information
- Ability to adapt well to change, setbacks &/ or pressurised situations.
- Methodical, detailed, and structured approach to work
- Able to prioritise workload, and proactive project management
- Able to work on own initiative and make sound judgements
- Good IT and databasing (Excel etc) skills.
Closing date: 03/08/2018
Employers want to know how you found their job advert so please state that you found this position advertised on politjobs.uk.