Visa seeks Policy & Public Affairs Manager
Policy & Public Affairs Manager
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visas sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world.
If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Policy Lead for Regulatory Affairs & Public Affairs is a key full-time role focused on Visas regulatory and government affairs in the UK. The role entails contributing to the development of Visas regulatory and government affairs strategy, by constructively engaging with regulatory bodies, policy makers, public sector agencies and relevant stakeholders with a view to ensuring regulatory framework that is conducive to a fair, competitive and successful operating environment for Visas business.
Key regulatory and public affairs goals include
- Support positioning Visa with political, regulatory and policy decision-makers in the UK;
- Contribute to the continuous enhancement of Visa Public Affairs function, toolkit, staff and competency.
- As a member of the Regulatory & Public Affairs team, the position demands the ability to operate simultaneously in the regional and global corporate environment. Working as a member of cross-functional teams is essential. The ability and willingness to play an active role in developing strategic positions on country, regional and global public and regulatory policy positions for Visa will be important.
- The ability to work independently and interact constructively with other functions is expected. Travel within the European region (and occasionally to the US) are also features of the position.
- Support development and implementation of the regulatory and public affairs strategy, including contribution to research and analysis, policy development, external and internal engagement programmes.
- Monitor the regulatory and political landscape the UK for threats and opportunities to Visas business, and communicate this intelligence to locally-based business leaders, functional colleagues and global management.
- Support management of Visas relationships with officials at key government and regulatory organisations, including regular direct communicate with lawmakers, government officials, regulators, and policy makers, to enhance Visas reputation and competitive position.
- Contribute to the development of informative and engaging stakeholder communications about the value of Visa and the payments industry in general, in full alignment with business priorities and global branding.
- Recommend, support engagement and contribute to the management of Visas relationships with industry associations, business trade associations, lobbying groups and civil society organizations in the UK.
- Supporting senior executives at external engagements, including preparation of materials.
- Significant experience in relevant corporate position; in-house team/regulatory/ government agency; prominent consultancy.
- 2:1 and above university degree (Law, Politics or Economics a bonus but not essential).
- Proven strategic advocacy and communications skills.
- Good inter-personal and presentational abilities.
- Strong digital services and/or technology interest: knowledge of the payment industry is a plus.
- Excellent written and spoken communication abilities.
- Ability to act independently and flexibly within a multi-disciplinary team.